Does anyone have social anxiety disorder?

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

brogaguy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Sep 2008, 1:58 am

yeah. i like pie too.

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2008, 10:47 am

I know I have it, though I haven't been diagnosed. Talking with people, posting things online, introducing myself, and many other things make my sick to my stomach with anxiety. I think it's due to my ASD, because I don't understand what people expect of me.

Social anxiety was what I first suspected when I began trying to figure out what's wrong with me. I knew even then, though, that SA didn't explain all my problems. I didn't feel like I understand completely what was wrong with me until I realized I have an ASD.

brogaguy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Sep 2008, 2:06 pm

Pardon my english, I think I have undiagnosed ASD. My problem is:

1. I dont know how to keep the conversation on or mid-term(i dont know) relationship. Mostly when i meet somebody new, and have a little chat, the next day he/she is like a 'stranger' and I dont know how to expand the relationship.

2. It is very difficult for me to start a conversation with someone else. For example, my classmate(Unversity) (not a close friend) im anxoius when they're sitting besides me whether in lecture hall or computer labs. Sometimes i feel like trash when some of my friend can easily start to talk to them (girls especially).

3. Im having a hard time to interprete one's feeling when talking to them. Some girls think im a weird guy, because I got looks, and I rarely speak to them(maybe 10x/year). And yes i still dont have any girlfriend.

4. When Im attending social occasion, say, a party sort of, where people are having fun, it makes me feel more alone and it sucks, watching them engages social interaction without any problem.

5. I only talk to a person when it only involves something about work, no more than that. Social interaction such as joking/flirting/kidding around makes me sick.

Apart from that, Im in my final year of mechanical engineering and im into classical music.

TutuFairy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 10:01 pm

brogaguy wrote:
yeah. i like pie too.

Haha. Do you have ADHD too? :wink:

-Me and Schuyler

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2008, 10:15 pm

yes

brogaguy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Sep 2008, 3:38 am

holy crap am i? crap, then i should start see Mr. Grogdush and his friend, Mr. Happycock if this is true.