Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 9:59 pm

i'm going to ramble here and mayhaps you can find the pros and cons.

dude...just came back from my first day in college and it was...hectic. everyone seemed to be so nervous and aloof. i ended up in the wrong class and wandered around the campus for an hour trying to find my real college schedule.

my brother told me that it stops feeling like high school after freshmen year. as commonly said, the idiots drop out like flies and end up with a career at mcdonalds or with great hopes of starting the greatest band on earth or being an artistic prodigy. a guy i work with said to just get through college and get your hands on a degree.
i'm not going to this college for one year to make friends. i'm moving away soon and need to get great grades in order to get into a great college.

from what i saw the teachers are one of the great pluses in freshmen year. they have regular office hours and seem to see you more as adults than children.

the general unorganized feeling of college may be a shock to many. everyone does not have to be in school at a certain time. you may have only one class on a certain day and come home or back to your dorm/apartment wondering what to do with the rest of the day. you must make a decision to study and work your butt off at home or go to that awesome party that just about everyone is going to(including that guy/girl who you think is really cute and awesome).

i think i'm done rambling...probably not :)

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

chever
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 10:35 pm

My second semester was the worst out of all of them. Since then, it's gone uphill steadily.

I said in class this morning, to a professor I had earlier: "I'm a more serious student than I used to be."

He said: "That might be a little scary."

:lol:

But, seriously, if you major in something you like and you really buckle down, time will pass quickly no matter what.