Pileated woodpecker

05 Aug 2008, 1:44 am

I get frustrated when i see somone do better than me. :x
But thats plain jealousy.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 2:21 am

Yes! You don't want to be around me when something goes wrong.

I especially can't stand it when things unexpectedly break or go missing. My headphones broke yesterday and I got a bit irritated. A couple years ago when my hard drive crashed I had a two day meltdown.

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 7:56 am

Yes, sure! But no one can notice how much I'm frustrated becasuse I try to hide my emotions, and it is successful.

bluerodent
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Aug 2008, 8:14 am

Chaotica wrote:
Yes, sure! But no one can notice how much I'm frustrated becasuse I try to hide my emotions, and it is successful.

Well, unless you go to a private place to release your emotions, you don't want to hide them too much because it builds up a lot of internalized stress.

sonny1471
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2008, 9:19 am

Absolutely. Sometimes my interests are in things that would take a lot of practice to make perfect so I get mad that I'm not immediately good at them. Origami is a good example of that. I wanted to immediately be able to do the most complicated forms and was disappointed and frustrated that I couldn't do it.

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 12:48 pm

bluerodent wrote:
Chaotica wrote:

Well, unless you go to a private place to release your emotions, you don't want to hide them too much because it builds up a lot of internalized stress.

I've experienced that already... But it's all gone, I hope, for a long time.

cruachan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2008, 1:08 pm

Yeah, I get frustrated easily, but it's also easy for me to get frightened. Not sure which one is worse though. In frustration, I can randomly hurt people but it goes away quickly and does nothing with my heart and executive functioning. Fright, on the other hand, can come from something as little and irrelevant as someone speaking loudly to me, and it results in full-body "freezing" or involuntary running, and my heart hurts afterwards. It's also incredibly exhausting.
Interestingly, frustration comes when I feel everything is going right on the large scale and I'm feeling dominant enough to be angry, if that makes any sense. I contrast, fear comes when I'm already in an unstable position (eg. in the middle of an administration task I don't even understand - like this whole friggin' month).
Also, it's easier for me to get frustrated in a brightly lit environment - and easier to get frightened when there are high-pitched, sudden noises. One of my biggest pet peeves (read: thing that can get me howling and jamming my fists into the wall) is when there is traffic noise in the background and I'm trying to have a conversation. The noise blocks out speech so more than half of the incoming information just gets lost. Sometimes unnoticed. Then later I notice and...aaargh!

asperience
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Aug 2008, 1:29 pm

Yes.

Before I realized I was an Aspie, I used to call myself a "Lazy Perfectionist". Meaning I want things to be perfect, ordered, simple, complete. But if it's difficult to make that happen I get frustrated and give up, so lazy in terms on not sticking with things that don't come naturally.

I get annoyed that people stereotype Aspies as being good at staying things and seeing the details through. While that is certainly true of things that I'm interested in, with things that I'm not interested in (e.g. work) I think I'm worse than others at staying with a project; I tend to get sidetracked into whatever comes more naturally, even if that's just surfing the web.

stephaniecatherine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2008, 1:38 pm

YES. in fact that and anxiety are the main reasons I have stepped foot back into a therapist's office. It always because of being so easily distracted by my thoughts and some degree of perfectionism. I also sometimes get frustrated for seemingly unknown reasons... it's usually because I'm tired.

loud, sudden noises can make me want to scream in frustration...but I don't... But inside my head there is definately a long stream of explitives dancing about....might grit my teeth or clench my fists.....oddly enough thunder doesn't have the same effect...maybe because I find thunderstorms soothing :bounce: