Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

twosheds
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2008, 9:58 pm

I'm well into my 20s and I still have them a few times per year.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 3:16 am

I've had nightmares alot when I was growing up. There would be people chasing me and I would be running away. I would try to fight sometimes but that made it worse. I've had one nightmare where im in my room and it seems like im awake but im not and then my mom opens the door and she's like a zombie and then im running around the house.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 3:50 pm

Brandon-J wrote:
I've had nightmares alot when I was growing up. There would be people chasing me and I would be running away. I would try to fight sometimes but that made it worse. I've had one nightmare where im in my room and it seems like im awake but im not and then my mom opens the door and she's like a zombie and then im running around the house.

Nightmares are different from night terrors, though. It's normal to have nightmares throughout the lifespan.

KateShroud
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Austin, Texas, United States, north America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

13 Aug 2008, 4:06 pm

LostInSpace wrote:
Brandon-J wrote:

Nightmares are different from night terrors, though. It's normal to have nightmares throughout the lifespan.

What exactly is the difference?

alpinedon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Aug 2008, 4:15 pm

Ok, just for those of you who don't know, but Night Terrors are completely different thing from nightmares - completely. A night terror is an altered state of consciousness wherein your body is running around screaming bloody murder while your mind is reduced to...well, i don't even know how to describe it. Wikipedia has a good basic entry on Night terrors. There is nothing fun about night terrors at all.

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 7:04 pm

I don't know about night terrors, but nightmares are messages from tre inconscient that must be understood. Comprehension of such messages usually eliminate further nightmares.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2008, 7:06 pm

Okay, I misunderstood then. What I was referring to in my earlier post was insomnia caused by some unidentifiable or irrational fear. I've never had a night terror that I know of.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.