Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 11:40 am

I talk to myself all the time but never, or hardly ever in public. That would look weird and then people assume you have schizophrenia because they think you are talking to imaginary people or voices. I think out loud is what I do. I don't hear voices that much (its very rare) and I certainly don't talk to them if I do get voices. Even when I was young and I had a breakdown when I was 13 and heard voices I don't think even back then I talked to them. I don't remember my childhood before the age of 12 or 13. Its just too long ago. I am 25 years young now. Old!! Just remember to prove how old I am I remember the Atari and I thought it had good graphics and was realistic! Its so real! Now the best game is Crysis but I bet in 10 years we will say those graphics are old and they will have 3D games or virtual reality that you can use in your house. Now as you can tell, I am confused and getting off subject. Yay.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2008, 11:55 am

I never talk to myself out loud and I didn't do it when I was kid either. I don't like talking, so I don't do it more than necessary. I talk to myself inside my head though, I just don't feel the need to do it out loud.

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 12:31 am

I constantly and silently talk to myself. I do this so that it is not in any way observable. I do this so as not to feel lonely.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 4:07 am

I have conversaitions with myself when I'm working at a problems from more then one angle. But its not a second person, or another me,

Ivanov_Kuznetsov
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2008, 11:55 am

It happens most often when I am alone. There seem to be two forms. When frustrated or angry about something, I'll curse quite uncontrollably with a seemingly random stew of profanity with varying syntax. Sometimes I sort of sing the profanity when I'm alone, not sure why. I'm too anxious around most other people to really let it fly, though.

Alone, especially in the shower, I find myself often having conversations with myself in other languages and pretending that different people are speaking in different languages and communicating. I'm sure it would probably be interesting if I was to record it and put it up on youtube...

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2008, 11:15 pm

I believe I read somewhere that it is a trait. When people talk to themselves they are usually doing mental problem solving out loud.

Geez yes I talk to myself alot, but try to be aware of it in public. Just bothers me I may blurt out something I want to keep to myself and not anounce to those around me.