Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 8:33 pm

I really like Diamond version, mainly for the fact that the link cable is no longer a factor, among other reasons.

But having an GSC remake would be much more of a purchasing point for me. Mainly Crystal. It would be nice to transfer some of the Pokémon upward a generation to be transferred to D/P, but I don't see that happening, so it would take a team of dedicated breeders to find, breed and perfect the Pokémon I would want. :P.

monkees4va
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Sep 2008, 3:28 pm

defo yellow - its a classic, you get pikachu and it brings back childhood memories :D

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 6:19 pm

The first-generation game because I like the background music and it brings back fond memories, and Diamond/Pearl because of the Poketch and the integrated touch screen stuff. The third-generation ones are great because Mudkip is a starter and I liek Mudkipz.

Doomcookie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Sep 2008, 7:41 pm

While I could say Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, I don't want to give in to nostalgia. Rather, I'd say Diamond and Pearl because I can utilize Pal Park to obtain my favorite 1st gen Pokemon, and not have to deal with the 4th gen Pokemon I find very lame and unimaginative while also having acess to Wi-Fi features like the Global Trade Station.

Add to that a much more complex battle system, stat calculation, and physical/special attacks being sorted in a way that makes sense, and I'd say it's pretty great.

Pokemon Platinum solves my only problem with the game- no random battling over Wi-Fi; I assume it was left out of Diamond&Pearl to push sales for Battle Revolution.