Patch to treat low sex drive in women

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2008, 5:14 pm

Chibi_Neko wrote:
what do they mean by 'treat' low sex drive, I didn't think it was a condition. You have sex if you are in the mood to, kinda like how we crave a certain dish.... if I don't have sex tonight, it means that I just don't feel like it.

Why can't scientists devote their time to treating cancer rather then finding ways to make people horny.

It is a condition. There is no mood at all sometimes. It means you never feel like it.
What part about that do you find normal? It was there when she was young and was fine till not long ago.
She misses it, it isn't for me alone. It's healthy.
Just because you get old, get ill, body chemicals go out of whack,
does not mean you have to live with things that can be helped.
You are comparing using yourself as the role model.
You can't do that and be correct about something, apparently not many if any,
in this comment section know what the f**k they're really talking about to begin with.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 1:19 pm

Not Patch Adams topic

The link does not work for me. Too hot, I guess!! :lol:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 2:07 pm

postpaleo wrote:
There is no mood at all sometimes. It means you never feel like it.
What part about that do you find normal?

No mood at all sometimes dosn't mean 'never' felt like it, we are talking low sex drive, not dead.

The fact that people get in the mood more then others is normal. if you let your level of sex drive bother you then you can enhance it.

I have low sex drive, I just dont' feel like a lot and it dosn't bother me at all. I have no use for these patches because I don't think I have a issue.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 3:20 pm

I'm pleased for you.
You say "if you let" interesting choice of words.
You missed the point.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 4:22 pm

Lack of sexual desire is probably responsible for the dissolution of countless marriages. This patch could probably save a lot of marriages, though sex is not the alpha-omega of married life.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2008, 11:30 pm

Maybe I'm just missing the point, but if you have a low desire to have sex, why would you want to wear a patch to increase your desire? Wouldn't wanting to have more sex just result in a higher sex drive? It just sounds like someone isn't doing something right in order to make someone else enthusiastic about it. :wink:

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 11:49 pm

See where I think some of the problem lays in this discussion is this defining "low". Of course people get by just fine with a low sex drive, mine is certainly lower then when I was younger and that's fine. But, to say that at the age of 64, which my wife is, to have almost 0 sex drive is a problem for her as well as me. Sex drive is important, it a part of a relationship, it's natural and very healthy for her mentally. Now, having said that if it weren't fixed, which it isn't, we get by just fine. But if something can be done about it? Why would you not want it? She does and that's good enough for me. Step in her way and I'll hurt you. You guys are younger and you just haven't seen it. Not your fault and it isn't easy to grasp unless you've lived it or been in a relationship where it is a problem. I take care of my own needs, but there is an closeness part that even I, the untouchable, need once in a while as well as she does. Cuddle? Not the same.

It's the wanting that is missing it has nothing to do with foreplay. She's what I call a nester, foreplay for her sometimes starts days before the actual act. It's more of a courtship type deal with her, not spontaneous for it's best. And I'm about done trying to convince people that I could care less about understanding it to begin with. Some of you may end up in this situation and understand it and there are many reasons one doesn't have to hit an older age.

Yes you too will someday grow up, maybe. And please take that just as I meant it. Worry about getting any to begin with. Let me worry about something you might need later.