Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

26 Aug 2008, 12:53 pm

This kid is too good for the little league to be a pitcher. Why not promote him to a higher age group because he is so good?
But they did give him another position to play in the next game but he took the mound again in the next game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 9:49 pm

His parents should just try to get him into a traveling league. It's more expensive but also more competitive and has teams with a higher skill level and more experience playing the game. We had this same problem with our daughter in soccer years ago...small league with parents complaing about kids being good...making kids feel bad for winning... We put her into a traveling league and found out she wasn't so hot after all.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 10:19 pm

I would also like to say it has always bothered me to hear stories like this...and to see it is even worse...parents getting loud, protesting, making a scene, when all the kids want to do is play ball. His parents should just let it go and find a place where he can play happily.

26 Aug 2008, 10:22 pm

I think the mother should try and find a league that are for players who are real good. I wonder if there are even challenging leagues out there for children who are too good for the little league.

I think the kid would make a great pitcher for his high school team when he gets to high school. He just might make the team when he tries out.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2008, 10:29 pm

Yeah. The article said it was a new league (only three years old and only 100 players). New Haven is a big town. There's got to be something else there.