Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 4:00 am

I am so happy that summer is almost over, here in the states. I love the smell of cinnamon and fall scents. It's my favorite time of year because that is when everything begins to die. It's morbid and I wonder if other girls like that about autumn in the same way. Someone posted something that said that female aspies like morbid things and that is why I am asking this question.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 5:54 am

I love autumn, and Mercury has gone into the fall sign of Libra 25 days earlier this year, so autumn will be early.

I have a very Wednesday Addams feel about Fall

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 6:01 am

sinsboldly wrote:
I love autumn, and Mercury has gone into the fall sign of Libra 25 days earlier this year, so autumn will be early.

*oftopic: lol your signature is acctualy truth because microsoft is autistic
*intopic: im not a girl and i dont have a clue what autumn is but i do like the scent of motor gas by some reason

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 6:49 am

Autumn is the season after Summer, FYI.

I love the scent of autumn. Mmm, yes I do. :) I also love the sights & sounds, sensations of autumn. Here in Southern Ontario it is only Sep. 1, but the leaves have been down for a few weeks already. They have turned prematurely, as well. I think in my cormner of the world the weather is getting more and more unstable/unpredictable with each passing year. Each summer seems hotter than the last, and each winter seems colder than the last.

Brook-lynn20
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Sep 2008, 8:37 am

0h I L0VE the smell...just hate the chilly feeling in the air.

DaQwerk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2008, 8:45 am

Sadly (sometimes gladly) I cannot smell much of anything anymore, but I do love the cooler days, and the falling leaves. I like the colors of autumn and the start of the folding in and gathering in of nature. It is the beginning of "my year" as I was born in Sept. My favorite time of year, even more than spring.

Kahil Gibran

serjohn
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Sep 2008, 9:19 am

I like the smell altho I love the smell of the lilacs in the spring much better.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 10:19 am

I go running at this nearby jogging park with a mile long oval trail and I love the way it smells after a dry spell of 100 + fahrneheit temperatures and a sudden storm. The aroma reminds me of warm clothing coming out of a dryer. I love the way those smell too.
I like the subtle odor of damp pine needles and cones. The smell of mud. Junk food in hot oil across the road.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 10:24 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I go running at this nearby jogging park with a mile long oval trail and I love the way it smells after a dry spell of 100 + fahrneheit temperatures and a sudden storm. The aroma reminds me of warm clothing coming out of a dryer. I love the way those smell too.
I like the subtle odor of damp pine needles and cones. The smell of mud. Junk food in hot oil across the road.

Are you a writer? Your descrptions are very good. :)

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 10:29 am

sinsboldly wrote:

Considering that Mercury will be in retrograde in a few weeks, that will affect the weather even more. I get the feeling that October is going to be a rainy and chilly month, but then again I could be wrong. It could be easily warm.. depending on the day. But I also love autumn, but hate winter.. thats the only thing about autumn I don't like, it comes right before winter, blech.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:00 am

I love the smell of Autumn, especially in London, it's the best time to be there.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:08 am

Thanks for the compliment, slow mutant.
I enjoy the writing process but am not what you would call a "professional writer".

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:46 am

UndercoverAlien wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

*oftopic: lol your signature is acctualy truth because microsoft is autistic

what does microsoft have to do with the development of the Internet?

Merle

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 11:59 am

I'm not a female, but I love the scent of Autmn (and love a lot of other things about the season, it's probably my favorite).

Is it normal to be able to smell weather and seasons? Like do NTs do it?

In English class a long time ago, I wrote about a character being able to smell a hint of winter scent in the air, and when the teacher handed it back to me, there was a big red question mark next to this part :?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 12:10 pm

Can anyone reading this smell water? I can, lol.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 12:12 pm

I can smell plums :p