Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

preacherelf
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Sep 2008, 5:04 pm

I only have one characteristic. Does that mean I have aspergers very very verrrryyy mildly?

http://elfplanet.ning.com

You may be an elf.

Lle holma ve' edan

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 5:30 pm

Erm No. what even is this one characteristic? If you only have one, then you aren't an aspie.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 5:39 pm

That IS crazy! People balk at people diagnosing themselves as it is. The characteristics in Aspergers could all be normal or in various disorders. Aspergers specifically states that it should not match others. ALSO, it is kind of mix and match, but it has minimums in several categories.

So, like ShadesOfMe said... NOPE!

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 5:48 pm

I don't want to be the first one to call it but....

not elf but troll maybe...?

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 6:00 pm

Many NTs have *some* Aspie traits. That is why there is more than one criterion for diagnosis. So no, if you really only have one characteristic, then you are not an Aspie.

You seem (based on previous posts) to be unusually fixated on elves. Is "obsessive interest" your one trait?

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 6:30 pm

You are most likely not aspie. There are many other conditions were the synthoms overlap with aspergers. That dosent mean that those people that have them have aspergers. You need to have a string of aspie synthoms to be diagnosed as an aspie.

gray_imagination
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2008, 6:48 pm

what everyone else said, BUT

are you sure you only have one trait?

I had to have somethings pointed out to by others before I realized them. One thing about mild aspergers is that you can spend a lot of time thinking you're just kinda quirky but totally neurotypical before you start realizing that you really are thinking/feeling/expereincing etc differently than other people. I mean, NT people can have obsessions so it was easy for me to explain away mine. But harder to explain was my sensitivity to textures, light, and tastes in combination with the obsessions and the growing apparency that I wasn't just "socially avoidant" because I was shy or sociaphobic so much as literally communicating on a different frequency and gave up my peers as a bad job because I felt alien.

it took me awhile to actual find out that everyone else wasn't thinking the way I was pretty much ALL THE TIME.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 6:56 pm

We need more information to be sure, Elf. Description of lifestyle is a requirement for internet WP Dx.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 7:57 pm

*hangs out the DNF sign*

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

IRWEASEL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2008, 9:17 pm

Mental Disorders are just normal behaviors taken to the extreme.

:wink:

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 9:21 pm

If you really want to know, go get yourself professionally assessed.. one trait means nothing however

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

02 Sep 2008, 3:56 pm

I think you guys are being waaaay too harsh. I agree that one trait most likely isn't aspergers, as it's too complex of a disorder. But what if that one trait was just poor social skills or something, well maybe elf has a similar disorder like social anxiety. Why does that make him or her not welcome here and a "fake"? A person's issues are valid whether they have 1 or 100.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 10:40 pm

ChristinaCSB wrote:
Why does that make him or her not welcome here and a "fake"? A person's issues are valid whether they have 1 or 100.

Who used these words? No one- just you (so why on Earth was "fake" in quotes? there was no one to quote). Where are you getting this from? People here answered the OP's question- they didn't pass judgment on her right to post on the forum.

Patternist speculated that the OP might be a troll (not sure why), but even that did not relate to whether a non-Aspie should be allowed to post.

02 Sep 2008, 11:50 pm

If you read through the OP's posts, you will see he or she is always talking about elves and that he or she is one. Looks like to me that person likes to be in his or her fantasy world by pretending to be an elf. That's another example of trolling but not in a bad way. It's more of a friendly way because it's not hurting anyone.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 12:02 am

preacherelf wrote:
I only have one characteristic. Does that mean I have aspergers very very verrrryyy mildly?
Still waiting for an explanation.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 1:28 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Looks like to me that person likes to be in his or her fantasy world by pretending to be an elf. That's another example of trolling but not in a bad way. It's more of a friendly way because it's not hurting anyone.

trolling?