I hate religious people, why is that a problem?

Page 11 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 4:21 pm

I might hate the religious belief----but I might love the person.

It's happened to me LOL

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 9:32 am

How can this person have said (albeit years ago) that they hate religious people when there are many religions in the world, all with different beliefs, practices, bases, attitudes, philosophies, motives, etc?
Do they mean they hate Christians??? Christians aren't the only religious people on earth.

fselzr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2017, 1:31 pm

It's not a problem, it is thinking rational. Religion is a tool to control and manipulate a group of people to believe in non-proofable nonsense, and to do pointless things to/and waste time and lives. If it is a tool then it's used also to get more money. The religious leaders are often not that stupid and they are conscious of the religion's purpose.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 2:08 pm

Why is it so wrong to hate religious people? Because you are painting them with the same brush. No one likes to be generalized or lumped in the same group. Not all religious people are crazy or delusional or go batshit mad when you decide to not follow their religion or if you come out as atheist and disown you. Not all of them take their religion seriously. Not all of them are going to tell you you will burn in hell for not believing or feeling threatened that you don't go to church or believe in god or don't do any religion.

I don't like religion either and think it shouldn't be pushed on kids. My family never took our religion seriously when we went to a Lutheran church. Funny story I tried to create my own religion so I decided homework was against my religion. I bet that didn't go well. :lol:

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.