anyone work in banking/financial sector?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Space
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 4:35 pm

I have been considering this. Anyone work in banking/investment banking, or as an investment analyst, or similar? I have wondering how AS people find the environment... is it very friendly to you, or more stressful than average?

Kelsi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2008, 5:54 am

I worked in a bank for a short period of time many many years ago. I hated it - partly because I am anti-capitalism :) .

Churchy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2008, 10:03 am

Hi,

I'm doing a study into experiences for adults with asd working in the bank. Looking at things like training opportunities or job promotion and just general day to day work life.

Would you be interested in giving me some feedback on your experiences ? :)

viska
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 8:53 pm

I'm interested in hearing more about this. I'm idly thinking about going to graduate school to get a masters in the mathematics of finance.

I was a pro poker player for 2.5 years so I at least know a little bit about managing risk, game theory, etc.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 4:21 am

No, and right now may not be the best time to start. At least not in investment banking.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MannyAck
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Oct 2008, 1:24 pm

Space wrote:
I have been considering this. Anyone work in banking/investment banking, or as an investment analyst, or similar? I have wondering how AS people find the environment... is it very friendly to you, or more stressful than average?

I knew two Aspies who were (and still are) stockbrokers. Anything to do with finance is a very difficult environment for anyone whose social and interpersonal skills are anything less than flawless. Nevermind the 70 hour week and vast amount of number crunching. Whaty's even more important is that you've gotta be tough, on the ball socially, and one of the lads. I have absolutely no idea how these guys managed to maintain and even thrive in a workplace such as this, but they did, so it's certainly possibly. They turned into complete beeeeeeeps though!

Space
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2008, 2:35 pm

... I am no longer considering a job in this area. I am educated, but am choosing to work in trades/labor. I want a job that requires a minimum of social skills, where I just bust my ass and can swear constantly.

MannyAck

09 Oct 2008, 3:38 pm

Space wrote:
... I am no longer considering a job in this area. I am educated, but am choosing to work in trades/labor. I want a job that requires a minimum of social skills, where I just bust my ass and can swear constantly.

Stand up comedy? :lol: