Page 8 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

What did you score?
Less than 94 (non-alexithemic) 9%  9%  [ 25 ]
95-112 (possible alexithemia) 15%  15%  [ 39 ]
113+ (alexithemia) 76%  76%  [ 203 ]
Total votes : 267

completereject
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Feb 2012, 12:21 pm

Dont know if this helps link wise...appeared to be the same test.

http://www.sparx104.co.uk/?p=alextest

My apologies if already been mentioned

I had this result:
Probable Alexithymia

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 3:52 pm

Thanks completerject. That does indeed look like the same test.

My score was 143 which comes as no real surprise. It was really apparent when I went to see a counsellor. She would ask me about myself and my mind just kept going blank. I hate it when that happens.

Mithos wrote:
I have no idea what Alexithymia is, I'll look it up. I got a score of 146. I'm actually really scared.

Don't be upset over these test results. These on-line tests aren't all that accurate and should be regarded as light entertainment. About the best they can do is help you understand yourself a bit better. To be honest, these days when I take on-line tests I cheer if the scores come out particularly extreme.

47x wrote:
I thoroughly googled "love" so I would have a better understanding of the word.

Yeah, done that. Tried reading a few romance books as well but still don't really get it.

qwan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Feb 2012, 5:24 pm

I got 140.

My imagination is better than usual but I have difficulty with it sometimes, however I'm good at making up stories or thinking of way more possibilities than others, which makes for long over the top story style conversations with myself and an aspie friend.

My feelings I sort of understand, but I have to explain them in long analogies, I don't think any language is complex enough to explain ones feelings adequately.
I'm also asexual, so any sexual related questions may have been skewed from this. Being asexual, I have difficulty understanding sexual attraction and thus can't be expected to understand the emotional side of what seems like a sort of icky, physical activity. =/ Hard to say if they're really related.

Normally if someone asks how I am I say 'I'm ok' which my counsellor pointed out I tend to do whether I'm very good or very bad.
But this is the correct polite response, and it takes a lot of analyses and analogies to figure out how I'm feeling, and usually takes months before I realise WHY I'm feeling that way.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 5:28 pm

I got 101.

Although feelings may be confusing, especially when they come from another person, I've been actively developing my empathy to fix that. Besides, I don't have big problems when trying to find out about my own emotions.

qwan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Feb 2012, 5:29 pm

RazorEddie wrote:
47x wrote:
I thoroughly googled "love" so I would have a better understanding of the word.

Yeah, done that. Tried reading a few romance books as well but still don't really get it.

I understand love but don't understand romantic feelings.
I thought I did until I noticed every time I talk about romance I mention how it makes me feel warm and fuzzy like when a cat is being cute or I hug it.
And realised, if I felt it with a cat, it wasn't romantic (or at least I'm pretty sure it isn't as I get it with my family when they're cute too).
So now I figure I'm not romantic and don't really know what romance is supposed to feel like, but I'm pretty sure I haven't had that... >.>

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 6:15 pm

qwan wrote:
RazorEddie wrote:
I thought I did until I noticed every time I talk about romance I mention how it makes me feel warm and fuzzy like when a cat is being cute or I hug it.
And realised, if I felt it with a cat, it wasn't romantic (or at least I'm pretty sure it isn't as I get it with my family when they're cute too).>.>

Not that sure about that =P. Last year I learned in psychology class about the misattribution of arousal experiment. The details of the experiment are in the page itself, but among it's implications that we discussed in the lecture was that at times most of the people don't know what they're feeling either, so they look for a plausible explanation and then go for it. And about the cat, if fear and arousal are physiologically undistingishable, then it could be viable that under the right context, feeling all warm and fuzzy with a woman it could be romantic. I'm theorizing a bit here, so if you disagree it's cool :P

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2012, 3:45 am

I got a 133 :oops:

qwan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2012, 11:57 am

Shatbat wrote:
qwan wrote:
RazorEddie wrote:
And realised, if I felt it with a cat, it wasn't romantic (or at least I'm pretty sure it isn't as I get it with my family when they're cute too).>.>

Not that sure about that =P. Last year I learned in psychology class about the misattribution of arousal experiment. The details of the experiment are in the page itself, but among it's implications that we discussed in the lecture was that at times most of the people don't know what they're feeling either, so they look for a plausible explanation and then go for it. And about the cat, if fear and arousal are physiologically undistingishable, then it could be viable that under the right context, feeling all warm and fuzzy with a woman it could be romantic. I'm theorizing a bit here, so if you disagree it's cool :P

Well the feeling is exactly the same as when I hug a cat or have a good time with my family. And I can't say that it's romantic with one person just because they're not my pet or relative. So I assume it's just happiness and finding people cute.
I've noticed that I pretty much over use the word cute as I see things in terms of cute, and that aesthetic attraction isn't very important for me.
If everyone seems like a cute pet to me, or I have admiration for them, I don't think either really fit the idea of romantic feelings.

Although I don't mind.

At the same time, you may be right. I just don't think it matters to me. I know I always found some of the things people get with romance don't apply to me, so it feels a bit better just knowing I'm not the only one, regardless. ^_^

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2012, 11:10 pm

Danielismyname wrote:

It's a part of ASDs for the most part.

From its Wikipedia Page (it's cited):
Quote:
Research indicates that alexithymia overlaps with Asperger syndrome. In a 2004 study, Uta Frith reported an overlap and that at least half of the Asperger syndrome group obtained scores on the Toronto Alexithymia Scale (TAS-20) that would classify them as severely impaired.

I got 172

itsme82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Nov 2012, 6:30 pm

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 6:41 pm

And I also googled "love" before. I forgot if I got any answers, though, which goes to show how unimportant that is to me.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

chaines321
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Nov 2012, 1:20 am

chrisg460
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2013, 5:14 pm

Like an earlier poster, I once went for counselling and couldn't answer them when they kept asking how or what did I feel - it was like the emotions had left my head and I couldn't think of the words to say what had been there. Drove the counsellor to distraction and eventually they gave up and suggested I stop. Undiagnosed at the time just felt out of step, anxious and unable to understand people.

Maybe should have known about this and wouldn't have felt so bad.
Diagnosed but still fighting it in some ways even though it explains a lot.
Probably have now learnt how to pass in society, but always felt out of it when it comes to being comfortable with people.

Still the last person I saw from health told me I couldn't have ASD because I had a sense of humour. Need it for that level of ignorance.

EQ test 6 AQ never less than 34 (how do people get less that I never understand).

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2013, 6:19 pm

I found myself "undecided" about many of the questions because I honestly don't know how I feel about many items on the quiz, especially for such items as "8. - You cannot functionally live your life without being aware of your deepest emotions." Still, I got a 103. I can tell the different between feeling "good" and feeling "bad," though I do confuse anger and sadness at times, and I sometimes do not recognize that I am feeling an emotion until others point out the biological symptoms of me feeling that emotion.

Ca2MgFe5Si8O22OH2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2013, 2:34 am

I got a 75.

that said, I seem to have developed a defense mechanism where instead of actually feeling something, I have a seizure or a pseudo-neurological physical symptom instead. so I always know more or less what I'm feeling, often with more subtlety than the average person, but for most of my really intense emotions, instead of feeling them I have tremors, shivering, shaking, shooting pains, or distortions in my perception of space and things like staring fits. I spent time in a neurology ward before they realized my issues were psychosomatic.

it's possible that without this my score would've been much higher.

Conversion Disorder, General/Social Anxiety Disorder, Major Depression

ZeClockwork
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2013, 4:33 pm