I've been in college forever. Feel like killing somebody

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

darkness2004
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Sep 2008, 10:09 am

You ever felt so bored and tired of your daily routine that you just feel like doing the most ret*d s*it ever just to maintain your sanity? Have you gotten so tired of your job with annoying co-workers and managers? Or your school with the most anal professors on the planet whose homework feels climbing Mt. Everest everyday? How about those annoying family members who can't seem to take care of their own problems, but fully expect you to do take care of yours, and get freaked out when you show ever the slightest sing of being stressed out?

Did you ever just feel like you're just a prisoner in your own skin and beg to get out and be free? Do you feel like just laughing for no reasons other than you exist and there's all these people around you that take s*it way too seriously? Don't you just want to walk over to them, slap 'em upside the head a few times and tell "RELAX!! ! It's just life after all! Lighten up for once!"

Does anyone understand this madness I feel? That you're too excited to sit in your seat, and when you're tired, you can't sleep and stay up all night for days and days? I felt so &@#$ed up the other day that when I was at Subway, I ordered a freakin' meatball sub. I never liked meatballs in my life, but I swear it was the best damn tasting thing I ever had! I mean, who would have known that the most delicious meal available to this aspie was right in front of me all this time! Makes me wonder what other self-evident truths are right around the corner waiting for me to find.

I swear I'm not on drugs. Gotta go do some homework now.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 4:17 pm

dude, we'd all look like we were on drugs if we all let our feelings out. :P
i'm feeling you all the way, man. sometimes i do feel like slap people in the face and saying stop taking this too seriously. i look around and ask myself, am i the only one who doesn't care about what the teacher's talking about or who desires to dance around in the rain? i just feel like going to my own little island world where all the thoughts that are thought are mine. in this way things can make a bit more sense. then i feel like slapping myself and telling myself shut up and relax. i just recently started putting green peppers on my wraps at subway and my gosh are they tasty. why don't they have wheat wraps, anywayz?

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 4:31 pm

I was in college for nine years and wish I could go back. :cry:

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 11:32 pm

Agh, I feel that way right now. College is driving me f--ing bananas. Last week I'd have done anything to escape, but I seem to have changed my mind now that expulsion is on the table... 8O

darkness2004
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2008, 7:58 am

Well it's mostly my fault really. I changed my major from Information Systems to Computer Science about a year ago, and moved all the way from Michigan to Texas. I should have just taken all my core courses while I was up north, because a lot of the Information System degree courses I took obviously don't go towards my CS degree. If I had gotten those done, I would have had all of my BS courses out of the way and ready to get into the meat and bones of my CS degree as soon as Fall 2007.

The past year or two have been almost like starting over. I mean I had some courses like English 101, a biology class, and a handful of other core courses, but I wanted to take mostly IS courses at the time to keep me interested in school. I graduated from high school in 2004 and was really burnt out. I'm still kind of am, but not like when I first went to college. I wish there was a reset button that I could push now, taking me back to after I graduated from high school with me starting out college with my current major and taking care of the boring core courses first.

Oh well. It's water under the bridge now and I must go on. I've been in school for four years now, and only until fall 2009 will I finally finish my credits at the community college and go to the University of Texas at San Antonio. What's supposed to take two years has taken me four. I also met this wonderful woman (an extremely hot 4'7" aspie babe) that lives out of town. She’s the greatest and all I want to do is be with her. Now my graduation date can't come soon enough because I want her to move down here and get an apartment with her.

Perhaps this should be moved to the school and college forum. My thoughts yesterday just felt really random at the time. What do you think moderators? I know you're watching.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 1:05 pm

Don't kill anybody. Get help.

darkness2004
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2008, 4:37 pm

slowmutant wrote:

I'm not going to kill anyone. Sometimes I just feel like killing someone. There's a difference. :P

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 4:50 pm

darkness2004 wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

I'm not going to kill anyone. Sometimes I just feel like killing someone. There's a difference. :P

For now, there is. When a person in your situation jokes about wanting to kill someone, it's a red flag. I am not joking. This is very serious. Guys like you have happened before.

darkness2004
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2008, 5:22 pm

slowmutant wrote:
darkness2004 wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

For now, there is. When a person in your situation jokes about wanting to kill someone, it's a red flag. I am not joking. This is very serious. Guys like you have happened before.

Not necessarily. I've made crude jokes like that before for years now, and I haven't "happened" yet as you put it. I think the vast majority people do joke about killing or doing physical harm to someone, especially when they're stressed out or having a bad day, and not even 1% of them actually carry out what they were joking about before.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 6:22 pm

I am still in school after 10 years, and it's stressing me out as well.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

darkness2004
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2008, 8:27 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I am still in school after 10 years, and it's stressing me out as well.

I guess I should be grateful that it will only be 7 years max for me total by the latest time I except to graduate, after the Fall 2011 term. I'd probably hang myself after 10 years. I don't know how you do it Tim. Unless you're a graduate student. Are you going for your masters, PhD, or just a bachelor's degree?
Trigger11 wrote:
I was in college for nine years and wish I could go back.

Why???? Haven't you tormented yourself enough? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just kidding, Hope you go back someday and do what you want to.

mddarch
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Mar 2011, 10:48 pm

i feel you man ...i first went to college in 1998-2000 but u i flunked out..so i worked for a while then i went back to college in 2008 and now i amjust about to get my assocites degree...but i still have 2 years in a 4 year school and then my masters..sheesh!

Musicprophets
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2011, 12:12 am

yeah i feel your pain. i graduated with a degree in communications which has done jackshit for me in my career pursuits (and its also probably not good that i still dont know what the hell i want to do as a career yet). im going to be laid off by the end of april at the latest and so my life is now more open to alot of different schools of thought these days. i have been flirting with the idea of going back to college again for a more technical/successful/something more useful degree to use in todays "wonderful" job market here in the usa. and of course im thinking of moving out of state and other crazy s**t like that. and yes i have had plenty of years of feeling the madness about the lame boring routine of daily life. but it is what it is. i figure as long as i keep trying and thinking and eventually doing what i can to get what i want out of life, im bound to get the hang of it and truly be happy and satisfied in all aspects of my life. but then again, s**t happens. you just have to step through it and clean yourself off. of course, laughter is the best medicine even if im the only one who is laughing most of the time.