Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 9:54 pm

I should add that Dalai lama is by far my favorite song...

Mostly for lyrics.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2008, 2:20 pm

I like "Du Hast", but that's about it.

Phob
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Oct 2008, 3:57 am

Rammstein are good! Sonne's one of my favourites. They produce some real good music!

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 7:56 pm

<3 Rammstein. They kick arse.

My favorite tracks by them are "Mein Hertz Brennt," "Sonne," "Mutter," "Mein Teil," "Rammstein," and "Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen."

AJGeni
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2008, 6:05 am

Not sure what id say are my faverate tracks. There all good in there own way.

I wish they would hurry up and get a new album out though, or even tour. I so want to see them live.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 11:53 am

I appreciate their sense of humor and enjoy some of their songs.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 2:39 pm

"Du Hast" is cute by hate the fact that people actually believed that the English version was a direct translation. For the last time, "Du Hast" does NOT translate to "you hate". It means "you have". The whole song is a parody of traditional German wedding vows.

The same thing happened when Nena translated "99 Luftballoons" into English - the lyrics were still about nuclear war being started by a general firing at balloons, but they were now incredibly lame. Which is why the German version hit #2 here in the States and the English version sank without a trace.

I'm not as big a fan of Rammstein as I was when I was a Freshman in high school, but I still find them listenable. Without them I certainly wouldn't have opened my ears up to rock music from continental Europe and would've missed out on bands like Kraftwerk, Mew and the Shout Out Louds either entirely or far later than I did.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 12:48 am

I have their Sehnsucht album. Great stuff. Favorite tracks are "Engel" "Sehnsucht," and "Tier."

By the way, on a certain issue of the Sehnsucht album there is the English version of "Du Hast." I have the track in question, but why are they singing it as "you hate?" I took German for a little while in high school, so I can can agree that it does not correctly translate to "you hate", but doesn't anyone know the reason why they sang it that way in English?

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 5:58 am

DocStrange wrote:
"Du Hast" is cute by hate the fact that people actually believed that the English version was a direct translation. For the last time, "Du Hast" does NOT translate to "you hate". It means "you have". The whole song is a parody of traditional German wedding vows.

The same thing happened when Nena translated "99 Luftballoons" into English - the lyrics were still about nuclear war being started by a general firing at balloons, but they were now incredibly lame. Which is why the German version hit #2 here in the States and the English version sank without a trace.

I'm not as big a fan of Rammstein as I was when I was a Freshman in high school, but I still find them listenable. Without them I certainly wouldn't have opened my ears up to rock music from continental Europe and would've missed out on bands like Kraftwerk, Mew and the Shout Out Louds either entirely or far later than I did.

That song is a big play on words.

"Du hast" has a double meaning in the song.

"Du hast" means "you have"
"Du hasst" means "you hate"
They both sound the same.

Which adds even more to the parody.

silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Feb 2009, 8:39 pm

my freind jesse anderson really likes them andm ost modern metal bands I prefer the old school hair metal bands aerosmtih, black sabath and best metal bandv ever deep purple theo nly modern metal I like is metlica, slipknot and disturbed and acdc but lmao it sounds like old school hair metal like acdc always were epic win yo.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 8:51 pm

I love them too, but I think the lyrics don't always match up to the intensity of the music, because they are not always that serious. Du Hast is overrated. I think their best song is Seeman from the first album, but Wo Bist du is amazing as well.

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2009, 10:01 am

i love this band, i find just listening to the music funny, once i played America through my teacher's speakers (we're allowed to plug in our ipods and play music in his class:D) and my freinds we're hysterical

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 11:15 am

humanoid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2009, 1:38 pm

no i don't like them i love them! :cheers:
i've been obsessed with them for years now i don't actually remember for how long but whatever!
i have many many favorites it's so hard to choose but here are some:
wollt ihr das bett in flammen sehen?, bück dich, adios, wo bist du, mann gegen mann, rammstein, du hast, keine lust, engel, dalai lama, nebel, ohne dich, sonne, zwitter, tier

i'll stop now because i know i'll mention all of their songs if i don't, haha :twisted:

i am so looking forward to their new album! yay lol.

edit: yes belladonna, that is indeed rammstein.

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 5:46 pm

Kraftwerk is way cooler than Rammstein.

Rammstein is ok, though.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 11:14 am

Jawhol - Ich bin engels with a historical family association with aircraft.

I reckon that Flake is on the scale, and if not he has masterfully created a stage persona that mimics it. This is based on the video for "p****" where he stims with his free hand from time to time, and also a certain musical sense that I hear on Engel, a bodily awareness thing going on with the guitar player (I only know Sehnsucht).

One English critic called Rammstein "music to invade Poland by", BUT the members of Rammstein are most definitely not right wing.

There's been other bands who were left or anti wing that sounded militaristic, Crass were a good example of this. Alternative Ulster by Stiff Little Fingers springs to mind. "Fascist Groove Thang" is perhaps the example par excelllence, as it is overtly anti fascist yet could well have gone down a storm at Nuremburg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV5dbcOmw6I