Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

daysleeper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2008, 3:49 pm

or is this just me?
a friend recently told me that i ought to work on not projecting myself like an airhead. i know it's what people have assumed of me all my life and i'm not sure if i can really change it, but now i'm wondering if it's just me...

do you forget what words you're choosing while speaking to new people, or forget what you are talking about mid-sentence? not to say i'm great with words, but i am far more articulate in text, as in while typing, then while speaking in a real-life conversation, and i am easily distracted by other things going on where the conversation is taking place or other random thoughts that pop into my head, and often times i accidently vocalise them.
do you easily get lost in your own neighborhood? do you not know your own phone number?
in high school someone made me a character in their comic strip and i was deemed "easily amused girl". all my character did was watch shiny things spinning around.

it's stuff like that i suppose that does it for me, but i don't appreciate being taken for a ditz. does this happen to any of you ladies, or is this totally unrelated to my potential AS?

it also seems other girls just think im mean cos i don't remember their faces and fail to say hello to them when i see them, or rather when they see me, so maybe the ditz thing is just the result of that...

Last edited by daysleeper on 13 Oct 2008, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 3:51 pm

I've cultivated a ditzy image with my friends and co-workers to cover up my feindishly devious manipulations in my plot for global domination.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 3:53 pm

No. Not at all.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 10:18 pm

I've been told I have an 'eccentric' nature. They tolerate me because I work so much faster than everyone else...

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 1:30 am

I'm the kind who trips on things and walks into walls. Then I forget about what I was talking about mid-sentence. :lol:

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 11:15 am

I feel like a ditz. I have no idea what anybody else thinks. Ditz is girl for geek.

daysleeper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2008, 12:22 pm

Anemone wrote:
Ditz is girl for geek.

That made me feel good. :D

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 11:21 pm

Quote:
do you forget what words you're choosing while speaking to new people, or forget what you are talking about mid-sentence? not to say i'm great with words, but i am far more articulate in text, as in while typing, then while speaking in a real-life conversation, and i am easily distracted by other things going on where the conversation is taking place or other random thoughts that pop into my head, and often times i accidently vocalise them.
do you easily get lost in your own neighborhood? do you not know your own phone number?
in high school someone made me a character in their comic strip and i was deemed "easily amused girl". all my character did was watch shiny things spinning around.

Yep, that's me! :lol: They called me "cloudnine" in school...because basically I was always out there...mentally on a cloud somewhere. I can fix things, remember strings of facts, memorize lists of numbers...just don't ask me hard things like my SS#, phone number, someone's name I've known for years, or what I ate for lunch. I get distracted very easily and forget things, usually very simple things, it comes back when I'm no longer distracted, or I'm alone...but it's so embarrassing when it happens.

Shiny spinning stuff, that or flashing lights...give me a flashlight and I'll sit and play with it...Christmas lights are a major distraction for me, love them though. 8O

SMARTIE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2008, 8:12 am

Beenthere wrote:
Yep, that's me! :lol: They called me "cloudnine" in school...because basically I was always out there...mentally on a cloud somewhere. I can fix things, remember strings of facts, memorize lists of numbers...just don't ask me hard things like my SS#, phone number, someone's name I've known for years, or what I ate for lunch. I get distracted very easily and forget things, usually very simple things, it comes back when I'm no longer distracted, or I'm alone...but it's so embarrassing when it happens.

Shiny spinning stuff, that or flashing lights...give me a flashlight and I'll sit and play with it...Christmas lights are a major distraction for me, love them though. 8O

This is very much me too. Friends, family and those I work with have often described me as eccentric, ditzy, and on cloudnine many times. :oops: I dont even realise sometimes that Ive been distracted, which I have to keep a check on in meetings incase I am asked a question!

I also switch my fairy lights on in my living room every night as well as my glitter lamp.
They are so pretty :D

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 3:50 pm

I´ve been called a ditz, an airhead, and a flake. I´ve also been called "flower child", which I took as a compliment :)
Oh yeah, also space case, space cadet, and weirdo.
Now that I´m in a position of authority though, people don´t say these things to me so much anymore...at least, not to my face.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 11:56 pm

No but people accuse me of being stupid.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 12:50 am

hale_bopp wrote:

When I first saw your photos I was like "Ooooh! An Aspie valley girl!" :lol: but I never assumed you were dumb. Maybe people like to think that blondes are dense to coax their insecurities. Do people who see your photo and dont know you're from NZ mistake you for being from SoCal?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 5:50 am

Haliphron wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

When I first saw your photos I was like "Ooooh! An Aspie valley girl!" :lol: but I never assumed you were dumb. Maybe people like to think that blondes are dense to coax their insecurities. Do people who see your photo and dont know you're from NZ mistake you for being from SoCal?

Sometimes, but then again I only look like that because I am insecure about my self esteem, thats a lot of the reason why some people change the colour of their hair. I'm not stupid of ditzy but some people think I am.. these are nasty people though. I've chenged a lot in the past few weeks about how I behave online too.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 9:20 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Haliphron wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Sometimes, but then again I only look like that because I am insecure about my self esteem, thats a lot of the reason why some people change the colour of their hair. I'm not stupid of ditzy but some people think I am.. these are nasty people though. I've chenged a lot in the past few weeks about how I behave online too.

I think people are somewhat prejudiced against blondes. At least here on the west coast of the US. Im told blondes are the first to get hit on by men in bars, clubs, and parties and there is the prevailing stereotype of the *vapid blond bimbo*-no thanks to hollywood.Perhaps you might wanna try dying your hair sometime just to see how people react to it.

daysleeper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2008, 3:39 pm

Haliphron wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Haliphron wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I think people are somewhat prejudiced against blondes. At least here on the west coast of the US. Im told blondes are the first to get hit on by men in bars, clubs, and parties and there is the prevailing stereotype of the *vapid blond bimbo*-no thanks to hollywood.Perhaps you might wanna try dying your hair sometime just to see how people react to it.

i hope im not mistaken, but if i read her post right, i think she actually is a bottle blonde.

myself, im a natrual blonde, but ive been dying my hair dark brown for years. i noticed right away after the change that people began to take me more seriously.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 4:51 am

yeah in some peoples minds blond=bimbo.

i have been accused of being stupid, by bullies. doesn't really count for much.