Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 5:06 am

"Seems self-contradictory or absurd". It is how I see it. *Shrug*

1, 2 and 4 would be "personal taste", yes.

But it also fits perfectly with 3, and I don't see how that one is "personal taste".

But whatever, lol. Not a big deal either way.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

PhR33kY
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2008, 5:32 am

Since wrote:
Why is a hypocrite being hypocritical about hypocrisy a paradox?

That is an absolutly awesome line. I gotta rember that one.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 6:45 am

I was 19 and I am 26 now. Anyway, I had worked with him at an amusement park and some friends were trying to set me up with him. Beyond that, I went to school with him at a community college 5 years ago with him and he led me around. However, he made fun of my personality, the things I did, and what I liked. For example, he made fun of me because love the movie the Two Towers and love the books as well. He also tried to tell me that I was wasting my time. However, the more he told me, the more I rebelled. If that wasn't enough, he acted like he wanted me one week and even flirted with me. Then the next, he acted as if I didn't exist. This was because I had seen the Two Towers 5 times. In response, he told me that I had problems and then walked out of my life.

Taly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Oct 2008, 12:38 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I have noticed bullies are the same way. They like putting other people down, but yet when it's done to them, they don't like it.

Quote:
I hate hypocrites and mean people anyway, regardless of AS, NT, or whatever.

Does that mean you hate yourself, your family, everyone in the world?

Everyone is a hypocrite. Heck people can be hypocritical and not even know it. I know I'm one. Niceness is hypocritical. :lol:

Good answer!. Living with autism doesn't make us less hypocrite. We just speak our minds more ofen and try to not contradict ourselves, but we fall and fail like everybody. I've lied a lot in a phase of my life and that got me sick, anyway I incaple in lying person :roll: people always say "duh, it's alie"; First of all when we try to hide our autistic momments we are being hypocrites I believe ^^

Hero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Oct 2008, 1:09 pm

I think many persons in general, including here are guilty of confusing different terms.

I often see this that people do not correctly apply the differences in definition between Inconsistency, Irony, and Hypocrisy.

All three terms are different.

There are also additional terms as well.