Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2005, 11:49 am

CDRhom wrote:
Online I tend to use Squeak! or Squeakers. In person I am more liekly to say "meep", which can mean anything from "I am paying attention to you" to "I require your attention" to "I need a vocal stim at this juncture of the conversation".

Squeakers? That's pretty cool though maybe you can abreviate it if its a really repetitive thing, that was you don't waste time typing unnecessary letters.

In reference to "Meep", I believe this is proof to my suspicion that the Roadrunner was the first cartoon character to have AS!

You heard it here first folks!! !

Yibbida-yibbi-gah

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2005, 3:04 pm

Put me down for all of the above. Meep. Brrrp. Purr. Meh. Gah. Bah. Pfft.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 3:01 am

I've been doing some research on Gah and backtracking how it could've been effectively used throughout history to enlighten the human race. Now, using computer technology and Microsoft Word, I've been able to update several historical speeches to incorporate this wordakint we've all come to know as Gah. Both are important American presidential speeches, in respect of Thanksgiving Day in the US.

The Gettysburg Address of the Civil War:

Quote:
Four score and seven years a Gah, our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Gah, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created... Gah!
Now we are engaged in a Gah civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a Gah battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here Gah... their lives that that nation might live. Skipping a few beats...

That from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they Gah the last full measure of devotion — that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in Gah — that this nation, under Gah, shall Gah a new Gah of freedom — and that Gahverment of the Gah, by the Gah, for the Gah, shall not perish from the Gah. GAH!

The Pullman Address of the Inter-Planetary War:

Quote:
GAH MORNING! In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of Gah. "Gah." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty Gah anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of Gah, and you will once again be fighting for our Gah... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. GAH! We are fighting for our right to GAH! To exist! And should we win the day, the Fourth of Gah will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the Gah the Gah declared in one Gah: "We will not Gah quietly into the Gah! We will not Gah without a Gah!" We're Gah to Gah Gah! We're Gah to survive! Today we Gah our Independence Gah!

GAH BLESS!

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 11:58 am

Have we forgotten the most basic word? Eh.

Eh can be used to show reluctance.
Eh can demonstrate indifference.
Eh can be a question.
Eh can mean you didn't understand someone.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 12:00 pm

Poo.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 12:04 pm

I hate the word 'poo'.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 12:06 pm

I prefer buh, pfft, eh, ugh, uhhhhh, hmmmm, bah, wah, wha, meh, neh.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 2:09 am

Eh? Poo? Gah!

Gah (TM) and all its variant form is now an official trademark of mine. So fine, you can go and eh and poo all you want whilst I'm laughing, laughing from Gah! Hahahaha!

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 9:05 am

Haha, I must confess that I am rather onomatapeic myself! I can grr, ger, gah, meh, bah, ugh, 'oh sigh', 'oh noes', squeak, squeal, *three tone hum that sounds like 'I don't know' hummed*, meep, miew... the list goes on!

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 10:44 am

I prefer to be monosyllabic. :P

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 2:20 pm

Can you trademark something that's already been done? "Gah" is one of Timmy Turner's favorite expressions and once he used it as an alias - the nordish supermodel "Gah" had his own calendar and action figure.

Agh.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2005, 2:16 am

Neuroman wrote:
Can you trademark something that's already been done? "Gah" is one of Timmy Turner's favorite expressions and once he used it as an alias - the nordish supermodel "Gah" had his own calendar and action figure.

Agh.

I can trademark whatever I want. Timmy Turner should be afraid because I have steel ruler from high school that I can hit people with on the head and it leaves a nasty mark!

Timmy Turner stoles it from me anyhows. I've never seen the show, it's not worth seeing, I had to look it up on Wikipedia which froze whilst loading it which indicates how bad it must be.

Any how, my lawyers inform that I can sue, and sue I must, because suing is what holds the threads of this world's coat together and the justice system is like the inner lining that must protect the outer layer, the people, from being exposed to naked flesh, ie thievery. In this case, unknownst post-meditated thievery of the word 'Gah' by Timmy from me.

Gah bless the lawyers!