Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

18 Oct 2008, 12:24 am

im good at pretending and i can actually be really good at fishing out sounds when it's noisy, but im not at all when im anxious because of my ocd or when im shy in a situation. i think i would be good at acting, too. can aspies be good actors? i can be also very intuitive and i actually gave advice to a friend who had a future-relationship problem. i explained why the guy is acting the way he is and what she should do about it. im also very athletic.

Last edited by jus4u76 on 18 Oct 2008, 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Akajohnnyx
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2008, 1:05 am

I think that an aspie could be a good actor. For one thing- you're given lines, so you wouldn't have to come up with stuff on the fly in a social situation, unlike 'real' life. Eye contact might be a problem, but since you're not playing yourself- I dunno... maybe by pretending to be normal, it would be easier since you're not being 'you'.

I'm not aware of any actors with AS, but there very well may be.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 7:26 am

To act, it's important to be uninhibited. AS does not hinder acting, at least I don't see a reason why it should...

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2008, 12:22 pm

I think it could be very good as long as you can learn the lines, and that's not really all that hard once you get going. I get a lot out of singing, which has the same kind of tight structuring - introducing the songs without a script is much harder than the singing itself, and people used to say they were amazed I could sing so well given my talking voice. Since then I've tried harder to project and animate my speaking voice better, and the singing experience really helps that, because it means my voice is already trained to project itself.

A lot depends on the other people. But there's a common purpose, lots of co-operation and people depending on each other. Doing a play really brought the members of my first youth club together, and I got my first girlfriend because of it. One of the girls in the audience must have thought I looked good. 8) The task of doing the play gave me something to do, that was very important because on the ordinary social nights I just didn't know what to do or say, so I'd end up making an idiot of myself.