Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Ollytheaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Nov 2011, 12:01 pm

It is hard to say what age I look, I'm 19 and I think I look my age and everyone tells me I look my age but when was younger people would say I looked younger than I actually was. I remember at school I was in the cafeteria with all my year 11 people and no younger years were allowed in early and as I left I got asked if I was in year 11 and I said yes, and I think she replied well you look a lot younger and that will come in handy in future lol. 8O

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 12:44 pm

I often get asked what grade I'm in...yet I graduated high school six years ago. Most people guess that I'm anywhere from 17-25, depending on the context people know me in.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 12:45 pm

i'm 45 and people think i'm in my mid/early twenties. that's not so bad once you think about it... was a problem in my late twenties when everyone thought i was a minor, though, including a cop who saw me drinking orange juice from a bottle wrapped with a brown paper bag and thought i was a fifteen year old drinking alcohol. (i was driking fresh squeezed orange juice, florida fresh squeezed).

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2011, 4:11 pm

I'm 30 but still get carded for alcohol and sometimes even lottery tickets! A friend I hadn't seen in a while asked me when we ran into one another recently, "What's with you Daryl? You don't change, ever!" And it's remarkable that I still look young given all the drugs I've done, but I credit it to no facial expressions (a la Cher) and complete and deliberate avoidance of sun exposure.

****************************************************************************************

Check out "Problem Child," my memoir of life with autism.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 11:42 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and say yes, absolutely. I went to buy alcohol the day before thanksgiving, and I got carded(i'm 25). Then the guy at the counter got a weird look on his face when he looked at my ID. He had a look of surprise... he made a comment about how I don't look that old, and I said "yeah, I get that all the time. I often get carded to buy cigarettes, and one time when I was... 20, I think it was, some lady was talking to the cashier at a gas station. I went in to buy cigarettes, and the lady that was talking to the cashier said something like "if you're 18, then I'm the queen of england." I was like "actually, I'm 20," and she called BS. Then I showed her my ID, and that shut her up. All my coworkers were surprised to learn how old I was when I told them. My boss at one job didn't think I was even old enough to drink. I told her I was 25, and she had a reaction similar to that of the lady talking to the cashier before... until I showed her my ID. I've been told many times throughout my life that I have a "baby face."

Anyway, I'll let you guys decide...

Here I am at 14 or 15:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/M ... tled-1.jpg

Here I am at the age of 16 or 17:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/M ... umbsub.jpg

Here is a picture of me at the age of 18:
http://www.funnycoolstuff.com/images/nintendo-kid.jpg

Here I am at 21-22:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/M ... ot5041.jpg

Here's one at the age of 23-24:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/M ... 223092.jpg

Here I am at the age of 25, from about half an hour ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/M ... 020112.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/M ... 302011.jpg

Do YOU think I look young for my age? Do you think I even change much at all over the years?

SPKx
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2011, 5:06 pm

I'm nearly 30 and I'm sometimes still carded in bars.

I think that answers the question.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 5:27 pm

Nobody looks exactly their age. I hate when people say that they look 44 when they're 46. Like, what's the point?

Anyway, I look quite young but if I changed my hairstyle I think I would look a lot older. Well, not a lot, but I would look more mature.

Flyingladder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Dec 2011, 5:50 pm

Yes, I'm 25 and I get carded everywhere I go, I once had a lady at the gas station tell me I would be showing my ID to people for a long time, it makes it hard to buy cigarettes if I loose my ID and I get pulled over by police more often as if they expect me to be a young teenager looking for trouble.

People also think my sister is older then me, and she's younger by two years.

CantExplain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2011, 4:33 pm

Children's faces tell the truth, and so does mine. Maybe that's why I look young!

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 7:04 pm

The correlation between ASD's and looking young is somewhere above 40%, and that's only from the ones the researchers found.

NeXus_Blueliner
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2011, 11:32 pm

I'm now 24 and look around 15-17 if I decide to not have any facial hair. With facial hair I look closer to my age or older.. so I'm told lol. It doesn't help I'm only around 5'4 3/4 haha. I've always been asked for ID even when I've been old enough. I don't see that ever changing for me :P

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 11:36 pm

I'm 37 years old and I was IDed when I went to buy a Scratch n Win at my local 7-Eleven. They don't sell tickets to people who are under 19.

cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 11:55 pm

I was always taken for much younger. When I was 27, a cop stopped me and tried to hassle me because I was smoking and he thought I was underage (didn't know they cared :) ) I've recently started to get grey hair though so I think the jig is up. I still get carded, but I think it must just be the store's policy because I'd be one rugged looking teenager.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2011, 12:01 am

I'm 24 but everyone swears I am sixteen or seventeen.

ATwistedLogic
Raven
Raven

14 Apr 2012, 2:22 pm

I think I look more or less my age. What do you think?

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 3:50 pm

Oh yeah I'm 23 but people think I'm between 16-19. I've had my fair share of people who have thought i was in HS.

Back when I was 19, I walked pass a guy on the st who was trying to get people to vote. He took one look at me and he was like "your definetly not old enough to vote".