Whats your IQ? (NOT a 'OMG, I'm smarter than you thread!')

Page 19 of 20 [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 8:33 am

On the Wechsler Test, I have usually scored between 115-120 as an adult.

I once scored 131 on the Wechsler's Test for Children (WISC) when I was 15.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 11:08 am

Somewhere between 100-200 8)

I dont really believe in telling people my IQ. People make assumptions. I will say thats its towards the higher end. But I'll leave the rest to your imagination. (i honestly wish mine were lower. i keep taking tests to see if maybe mine is wrong)
I dont really think IQ is something to brag about, honestly. If anything, its worked against me my whole life. And Ive met loads of people with average IQs who are kicking my butt in school. "Intelligent" is different than "smart" in my books. And I know a whole lot of people that are "smarter" than I am.
Besides, who cares about some number? Its what you do in life that should define you. People already think Im smart cause Im Asian. (or they think Im really dumb cause lets be honest- sometimes I am) Im cool with them thinking whatever so long as they still treat me with respect :mrgreen:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 9:37 am

Why can’t I be gifted like my brother? It’s not fair!

Just kidding! I don’t care anymore. I’m proud of him.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 9:41 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
On the Wechsler Test, I have usually scored between 115-120 as an adult.

I once scored 131 on the Wechsler's Test for Children (WISC) when I was 15.

I wonder if IQ tests aren’t as accurate for people with things like ADHD or testing anxiety.

I would expect the highest number one has scored to be a better indicator of ability and potential.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 12:05 pm

Still have no idea what my IQ is and I'm still not interested in finding out either.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

TazCrystal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jun 2019, 5:34 pm

95. I don't think it matters though

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2019, 12:43 am

I was never given the result of the official test I did as a 15 year old. Online (with the usual emphasis on the relative unreliability of such tests) Non-verbal 64 average ,Verbal 142 average , Various online Wonderlic type tests using age related bonus https://pumpkinperson.com/2019/01/20/co ... nt-page-1/ 49-23.32/7.5 x15 +100=151 or https://pumpkinperson.com/2019/01/21/mo ... lic-to-iq/ 49-21.75/7.6 x15 +100 = 154.

So basically I'm either really intelligent or really stupid. Take your pick. One thing I will say is that I don't have much common sense.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2019, 12:29 pm

On my most recent IQ test for my triennial IEP, I got 126.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 6:31 pm

Hey this is kinda random but I just thought of it and now Im curious

IQ tests are often based on timing too right? Like how fast/how many questions you can answer?
Well what about the people with ADD or dyslexia or whatnot that are like the kids that get extended test times and such. Theyd probably be slower and therefor get a lower score right? But isnt that like not very accurate? Cause my good friend has ADD and always got extra test time and shes still like one of the smartest people I know.
And what about the people that are just honestly kinda slow? My brother scored very poorly on the ACT because he could never finish a section. In fact, his reading score was abysmal. But hes by no means not smart! Hes actually quite intelligent. It just takes him longer to think things through.

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jun 2019, 10:57 pm

I got tested around middle school. I think the score was somewhere around 130. Considering the correlations between test performance and the socioeconomic vitality of parents and proximity to urban centers, I'm proud of it because I grew up very poor to parents without high school educations and very rural.

I can tell the test can be prepared for. I've taken online samples from Mensa and others for fun and score around 145 give or take, but of course their weight is not so great. I've thought about making a challenge out of it to really study the cognitive skills that are being examined as a fun hobby to see where I can land with a formal assessment. I struggle the most with "unscramble these letters to make a word" kinds of questions.

While I'm proud of what I can score on them compared to the general population I do not place much faith in their holistic assessment of intelligence. They don't test for social or emotional intelligence which is probably going to impact your prospects adapting in life more strongly than pure logical analysis ability.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 12:09 pm

I don't know what my I.Q. is. I have taken a lot of different I.Q. tests, and they all gave me a different number. Which to pick? I could give you my S.A.T. score, but it came from before they changed S.A.T. scores due to my advanced age, so it would probably only cause confusion.

I was in the gifted program at school, but failed to get in until the sixth grade. I think they rolled out the gifted program around 4th grade, it was a brand new thing then, and I was upset because I didn't get in, I failed to score high enough, my ego was crushed! By 6th grade, either they loosened the standards, or else I grew new brain cells, because I scored just high enough to squeak in by a fraction of a percentile. Then I was lord of the jungle or so I thought, and my best friend was really in awe of me and also heart-broken because he did not get in. That was the problem with the gifted program, it generated resentment, because gifted students got to do fun experiments and go on field trips, and non-gifted were left behind doing really boring stuff with stodgy teachers.

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

03 Sep 2019, 6:16 am

According to the State of Louisiana (at 13 years old), mine was 143 and they said that I read at the level of a collegiate undergrad in vocabulary. Multiple aptitude tests suggested that I ought to go into engineering, but I've always been baffled by algebra, to say nothing of more complex math.

“Politics is the art of controlling your environment.”
― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 2:32 am

Mine goes up and down; I go between HF to mid-functioning to useless (coffee is my lifeline). I used take IQ tests to test myself mentally before I was diagnosed. Iq tests were my marker of mental functioning, it really pointed out -at least to me- of where I was at. When I was really depressed or stressed out, the scores would go down by about 30-40 points compared to highest. For about 12 years I've studied a really ridiculous amount. It may appear that since I know a lot that I am way up there but my executive function is depleting bad. The benefits of HFA/ASP are being far outweighed by the undesireable aspects.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 2:06 am

The average IQ here seems to be about in the mid 130s .

That would suggest the average person here is in the 99th percentile . The average in the general population is about 100/50th percentile .

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 9:13 am

124, and I read on the level of a Ph.D. graduate. So the psych said.

I'm not a graduate so it's like having all-access Netflix for books. People have guessed I was about at 150 I.Q. but then again I was driving an ancient compact car on railroad tracks the other day after someone blocked me in a parking lot so your mileage may vary.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 9:44 am

firemonkey wrote:
The average IQ here seems to be about in the mid 130s .

That would suggest the average person here is in the 99th percentile . The average in the general population is about 100/50th percentile .

Supposably in the mid 130s. but pretty sure have my 150 days..Gifted student friends thought was higher , thank Gawd, dodged that gifted students program
( mostly) but then even again,on some days about a 50 depending on effects on health . Grade school, never ever did homework at home. Skated through on B. grades . Then high school .. gave up last year.. a straight A report card and
Practically did not even try..that was too much..Just Quit ,tried military to get outta abuse household. That wasn't right for a aspie. Just tried to survive, based on what few good tolemodels ,had.

where ever you go ,there you are