Whats your IQ? (NOT a 'OMG, I'm smarter than you thread!')

Page 1 of 20 [ 313 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 8:14 pm

133ish
but since brain damage, it has gone down significantly

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 10:56 pm

what is this list and the number 163?

pizzaman31195, kip, The Deacon. Why 163, specifically?

I ask because that was my score in 1993.

is it the Aspie 'normal'? :roll:

Merle

silent_monad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Nov 2008, 11:26 pm

I believe it was Hawking who said that the only people who talk about their IQ scores are people who have accomplished nothing. If you have accomplished anything, you would talk about that instead. Am I saying that the people on this thread have accomplished nothing? No. But I am wondering what the point of the thread is supposed to be.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 11:52 pm

silent_monad wrote:
I believe it was Hawking who said that the only people who talk about their IQ scores are people who have accomplished nothing. If you have accomplished anything, you would talk about that instead. Am I saying that the people on this thread have accomplished nothing? No. But I am wondering what the point of the thread is supposed to be.

well, if we don't ask, how will we know?

Merle

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2008, 12:01 am

silent_monad wrote:

See this is exactly the post I was afraid I was going to get! I was curious! Simply curious! Isnt that a common Aspie trait anyways?! Its not like this is a thread measuring dick size, I was asking a simple question and from the title you should know my intentions are far from what you think.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 12:09 am

Airborne wrote:
silent_monad wrote:

See this is exactly the post I was afraid I was going to get! I was curious! Simply curious! Isnt that a common Aspie trait anyways?! Its not like this is a thread measuring dick size, I was asking a simple question and from the title you should know my intentions are far from what you think.

well, I have found when you suggest what you don't want to have, someone will always serve it up.

Merle

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2008, 12:35 am

sinsboldly wrote:
Airborne wrote:
silent_monad wrote:

well, I have found when you suggest what you don't want to have, someone will always serve it up.

Merle

Thats what Im always afraid people will assume when I bring a topic up that could possibly imply that one is bragging even when I express to my best social ability that thats not what I want. I thought I was paranoid with thoughts such as that.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 12:07 pm

Airborne wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
Airborne wrote:
silent_monad wrote:

Merle

Thats what Im always afraid people will assume when I bring a topic up that could possibly imply that one is bragging even when I express to my best social ability that thats not what I want. I thought I was paranoid with thoughts such as that.

well, Airborne, you have to know that I am a mod. That just means I have seen a lot of threads go sour when a troll can get the energy they need to kill the thread by being given the time of day. the rule of thumb here is to never feed the troll. They will slink off and try to kill the buzz on another thread if no one gives them energy on the one they are trying to butcher.

cheers, I liked the thread, myself.

Merle

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2008, 12:38 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
Airborne wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
Airborne wrote:
silent_monad wrote:

Merle

well, Airborne, you have to know that I am a mod. That just means I have seen a lot of threads go sour when a troll can get the energy they need to kill the thread by being given the time of day. the rule of thumb here is to never feed the troll. They will slink off and try to kill the buzz on another thread if no one gives them energy on the one they are trying to butcher.

Merle

Ah got where your coming from.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 2:41 pm

pizzaman31195 wrote:
last i checked i had around 163

i also did another test wich said i was at 86%, meaning that 86% of the population is less inteligent than me

but that is all relative

Interesting that you should mention two results with such a wide spread.

An IQ of 117 corresponds to being more intelligent that 86% of the population.

With an IQ of 163, it would mean you were more intelligent than 99.99866% (Wechsler or 99.99588%, Stanford-Binet) of people.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 3:00 pm

I am always skeptical of high IQ claims, I would say most people here
have normal to gifted level IQs. Aspies tend to exaggerate things, and
IQs more seem to be at the top of the list, sort of like NTs exaggerate
penis size. :roll:

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 4:40 pm

lau wrote:
pizzaman31195 wrote:
last i checked i had around 163

i also did another test wich said i was at 86%, meaning that 86% of the population is less inteligent than me

but that is all relative

Interesting that you should mention two results with such a wide spread.

An IQ of 117 corresponds to being more intelligent that 86% of the population.

With an IQ of 163, it would mean you were more intelligent than 99.99866% (Wechsler or 99.99588%, Stanford-Binet) of people.

jebus! I had no idea I had such a laaaarrrge masculine member! I must remember to be sufficiently modest and not let on so I won't attract others to denigrate what I can't help.
Too bad it wasn't beauty I was 99.99588% more than other people! Then I wouldn't have to be challenged to prove I was so blessed to a nattering nabob of material mediocrity . .

what a gyp!

Merle

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2008, 7:00 pm

spudnik wrote:
I am always skeptical of high IQ claims, I would say most people here
have normal to gifted level IQs. Aspies tend to exaggerate things, and
IQs more seem to be at the top of the list, sort of like NTs exaggerate
penis size. :roll:

They also tend to not lie as often and be totally blunt.

silent_monad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2008, 11:17 pm

below

Last edited by silent_monad on 29 Nov 2008, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silent_monad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2008, 11:21 pm

sinsboldly wrote:

Merle

Excuse me, were you referring to me? If you were, I would like to know why you describe me in such language? If this reflects your honest opinion of me, then you should ban me from the site. I have received a lot of verbal abuse from bullies in my life. I refuse to take this.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 11:40 pm

silent_monad wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

Merle

Excuse me, were you referring to me? If you were, I would like to know why you describe me in such language? If this reflects your honest opinion of me, then you should ban me from the site. I have received a lot of verbal abuse from bullies in my life. I refuse to take this.

why do you think I was referring to you? Are you a troll?

Merle