Page 30 of 30 [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 5:02 am

"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away." - Dinah Maria (Mulock) Craik

abirdsingsinsilence
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Apr 2017, 1:55 pm

I have really struggled with commiting to a relationship. I treat dating like an interview and then when it gets more serious than that I panic and have to escape. I am very uncomfortable with my body - I think I have BDD, so it makes intimacy and nudity feel completely degrading and humiliating even though nobody is saying anything to me, it just comes from my own mind.

Nearly all the guys I've ever dated wanted to take things further, but I ran every time.

tensordyne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2017, 4:05 am

@aburdsinginginsilence: By take things further, you mean sex right?

If you want sex, can get sex, but can not commit to the act, // and it bugs you! //, I really hope you consider counseling for that, if it helps. It is far easier for me to recommend such a course, then for you to do it, but man, that sounds emotionally very tough! I am very sorry, you know?

Got the following from here. Hope it is a good source.

Quote:
Sexual dysfunctions include delayed ejaculation, erectile disorder, female orgasmic disorder, female sexual interest/arousal disorder, genito-pelvic pain/penetration disorder, male hypoactive sexual desire disorder, premature (early) ejaculation, substance/medication-induced sexual dysfunction, other specified sexual dysfunction, and unspecified sexual dysfunction. Sexual dysfunctions are a heterogeneous group of disorders that are typically characterized by a clinically significant disturbance in a person’s ability to respond sexually or to experience sexual pleasure. An individual may have several sexual dysfunctions at the same time. In such cases, all of the dysfunctions should be diagnosed.

At least one sentence in the above seems relevant. If a problem effects the life of yourself or those you know negatively (disease), that is the time to seek help. I am sure Savage himself would say something pretty close to the above. That is assuming you are already not getting help, in either case,

I wish you well.

ukdamon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2017, 9:42 am

I'm a Gay Aspie, so I thought I'd say hi.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Oct 2017, 10:33 am

Hi, ukdamon!

Enjoy WP. May your stay on our planet be a long and fulfilling one.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

MattMonroe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Mar 2018, 3:58 pm

Hi guys! I'm new here and so happy there's a gay thread here :D I've got a lot to ask about that part....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 8:08 pm

^^^hiya MM :flower: welcome to WP 8)