Page 12 of 15 [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 11:02 pm

silvskaterdude wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:
I don't know if anyone watches the new Terminator show but on the newest episode last night there was a guy whose (adult) son was inventing an AI program. The son seemed AS or mildly autistic to me.

He was a pretty minor character and didn't have much screen time but thats the idea I got anyway.

i love that show yo it is awasome gnarley sweet yo and rember in the episode where the psycrirists is talking to sarah and says about camron(cuz she is a temintor lol) your daughter is difrent very anti social she might have aspergers synrome or something along those lines.

:lol: Sorry, but, I honestly didn't think anyone used the term gnarley anymore.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 11:04 pm

Cadzie wrote:
Det. Robert Goren From Law & order: criminal intent

Vincent D'nofrio (sp?) also kind of looks like my dad. Well, like if he were overweight he'd look more like my dad, like he did in Full Metal Jacket.

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 11:08 pm

Padium wrote:
I don't think anyone has mentioned the Creature from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein yet.

How could I forget the creature? No wonder Frankenstein was always one of my favorite books when I was in school.

And in the passing of momentary stillness.
We can see our chaos in motion.

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Dec 2008, 11:27 pm

nothingunusual wrote:
Padium wrote:
I don't think anyone has mentioned the Creature from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein yet.

How could I forget the creature? No wonder Frankenstein was always one of my favorite books when I was in school.

yeah the creatures way of learning how to socialize with people and then Rejected

silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Dec 2008, 1:46 am

violet_yoshi wrote:
silvskaterdude wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:
I don't know if anyone watches the new Terminator show but on the newest episode last night there was a guy whose (adult) son was inventing an AI program. The son seemed AS or mildly autistic to me.

He was a pretty minor character and didn't have much screen time but thats the idea I got anyway.

i love that show yo it is awasome gnarley sweet yo and rember in the episode where the psycrirists is talking to sarah and says about camron(cuz she is a temintor lol) your daughter is difrent very anti social she might have aspergers synrome or something along those lines.

:lol: Sorry, but, I honestly didn't think anyone used the term gnarley anymore.

us skaters still do but that's about it that is what makes us better then the prepies cuz we say their phrases such as awasome cool sick sweet ill but we have our own catchphrase that w only say us well ha ha we are better then the boring common preps.

MOA
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Dec 2008, 10:00 am

richie wrote:
Anyone remember Aaron Pratt? A higher functioning autie on a CSI episode that involved the poisoning of a co-worker with ricin.

I remember that episode. Wasn't he the suspected killer who is exonerated when he helps prove it was a woman in the museum who "done it?" I seem to remember poisoned leaves in a book???

Rafter613
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Dec 2008, 3:28 pm

Quote:
Hinata Shikimaru and Sai from Naruto

Hinata? Really? She's shy but I don't think she's autistic...

ignisfatuus
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2008, 2:02 am

I didn't read all the replies, but if he hasn't been mentioned, Raistlin Majere from the Dragonlance series.

Sea_of_Saiyan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2008, 3:52 am

Just about every character - Spongebob Squarepants

Quote:
(Spongebob is extremely routine oriented to the point where he has a tantrum when he can't go to work on time. He is very OCD about his job and completely breaks down when he thinks he forgot the pickles on a hamburger. He is a grown man (sponge) and living alone, but is extremely immature (blows bubbles, loves sqeaky toys). He is very hyperactive and does a lot of stimming. He has imaginary friends. He has a very irregular speech pattern. He has an obsessive interest in jellyfishing. I wonder if the show was intentionally made to exhibit autism.)

Patrick might qualify for moderately functioning autism. He seems ret*d, and the show never portrays him as having any sort of job or life beyond following Spongebob around and living under a rock....very overly emotional as well.

Sandy - definite Aspie

Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, Xenophilius(sp) Lovegood - Harry Potter series

Ben - Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series by Brian Jacques

Ender and Bean from the Ender's Game/Shadow series

Some more advanced literature:

Sydney Carton & Dr. Manette - A Tale of Two Cities
Pip - Great Expectations
David Copperfield

Raskolnikov- Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky

Creature - Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Sea_of_Saiyan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2008, 3:59 am

OH, did anyone mention the kids in A Series of Unfortunate Events?

IndridCold
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2009, 11:39 pm

TPE2 wrote:
SquishypuffDave wrote:

Also, someone mentioned the Joker from The Dark Knight but it sort of got buried between posts. I'd have to aggree that on some level, his thinking is very aspie-like. He feels no connection to people and perhaps is willing to kill for fun because he lacks some theory of mind. I remember a time in my childhood when I was obsessed with making booby traps to the extent that people got hurt (no seriously, I had some sense of responsibility) but all I could think of was how well the trap worked and how cool it looked. This is sort of how I imagine the Joker thinks.

Joker seems to have a "theory of mind" (perhaps a werong theory, but a theory nevertheless) - his actions are nothing more than a giant psychological expriment.

That doesn't mean anything. A psychological experiment using humans as test subjects sounds somewhat aspie to me. Perhaps that is because I am more morbid aspie than most here. If I had the resources, I might want to do something like The Joker did, just to show people how illogical their morals really are. I am also quite disgusted with what people will do for money. It is just cotton with a dead president on it. It's value is purely psychological. To say he is not an aspie based on the experiment is not an adequate argument.

Most humans live delusional and illogical lives. The Joker is not insane, he is completely sane. Those who live by "morals" and "laws" they are taught from childhood are the delusional ones. He tries to show them this. Unfortunately, most aspies also follow the delusion of society.

I hope you all enjoy your worthless moral code.

Damaged
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2009, 12:34 pm

Captain Marlowe from the movie Apocolypse Now. Quote I hardly said a word to my wife until I said yes to a divorce." His behavior during while being assigned his mission and his focus on the mission all point to this character being an Aspie.

Abby from NCIS. So obviouse they almost modeled her character on an Asperger's description.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 11:21 pm

IndridCold wrote:
TPE2 wrote:
SquishypuffDave wrote:

Also, someone mentioned the Joker from The Dark Knight but it sort of got buried between posts. I'd have to aggree that on some level, his thinking is very aspie-like. He feels no connection to people and perhaps is willing to kill for fun because he lacks some theory of mind. I remember a time in my childhood when I was obsessed with making booby traps to the extent that people got hurt (no seriously, I had some sense of responsibility) but all I could think of was how well the trap worked and how cool it looked. This is sort of how I imagine the Joker thinks.

Joker seems to have a "theory of mind" (perhaps a werong theory, but a theory nevertheless) - his actions are nothing more than a giant psychological expriment.

That doesn't mean anything. A psychological experiment using humans as test subjects sounds somewhat aspie to me. Perhaps that is because I am more morbid aspie than most here. If I had the resources, I might want to do something like The Joker did, just to show people how illogical their morals really are. I am also quite disgusted with what people will do for money. It is just cotton with a dead president on it. It's value is purely psychological. To say he is not an aspie based on the experiment is not an adequate argument.

Most humans live delusional and illogical lives. The Joker is not insane, he is completely sane. Those who live by "morals" and "laws" they are taught from childhood are the delusional ones. He tries to show them this. Unfortunately, most aspies also follow the delusion of society.

I hope you all enjoy your worthless moral code.

There's a reason why I have a poster of the Joker in my room.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2009, 3:43 am

Doctor Manhattan from the Watchmen

ItsMike
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2009, 7:27 am

Anya from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Not only did she have Asperger's, but she was the funniest character on the show.

misslottie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2009, 7:38 am

annie hall- akward, eccentric, stop start conversational skills. bad eye contact.

though i have also read here that diane keaton is suspected of being a.s, so taht might explain some of her mannerisms in the film, rather than being direction.