Page 16 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

stripedmenthols
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Dec 2015, 10:03 pm

cardboard cutouts terrify me. i don't know why but they look like real people and they aren't at the same time so it's really scary to look at them esp bcs i have dissociative reality disorder.
also loud, sudden noises like trash trucks, slammed car doors, books dropped, motorcycles, etc. i'm alright with fireworks when i am expecting them and can see them
also when people yell at me or get angry with me, if someone yells at me i burst into tears

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 179 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 20 of 200

mindpalaces
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2016, 5:17 pm

I'm scared of school, people, snakes, gaining weight, rats and mice, small spaces, crocodiles and alligators

Kileyhorror
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Feb 2016, 6:58 pm

Any bug of any kind, shoes that are too tight, elevators, getting things stuck in doors (ex: finger in car door ), rejection, failure, making eye contact with people, heights, loud noises (including a person's voice), etc.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 8:56 pm

Okay, this is a weird one: Big letters, or words such as "impossible", in books. For some reason this really scared me, especially when lying in bed at night. I avoided books with these features.

More "normally": Deep water/drowning, most carnival rides, getting bad grades, sickness, heights, dogs (though I'm much better with them than I used to be).

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 3:53 pm

I'm Scared of People, Oshawott, and Chaos!

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2016, 4:38 pm

I'm Scared of People, Oshawott, and Chaos!

FriendlyHougen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2016, 10:09 pm

I'm scared of fire, realistic blood and guts, and heights.

Rare like a Panda
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Aug 2016, 4:03 pm

Hi! I have a phobia of chicken (cooked and raw), most meats (if you haven't guessed I am vegetarian), ladders, anything damp, open windows, insects of all kinds (especially spiders), towels, big crowds and germs. Just a question for everyone: how do all of you cope with your phobias as I am finding it very hard at school and social situations when some of my phobias overlap. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated! Thanks :)

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 10:33 pm

Balloons and nukes... though I'm also fascinated by both and spend more hours than is sane contemplating them. They are like two sides of the same scorched coin.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 11:19 pm

Bugs. I've tried to rationalize it away, but I immediately flip out if one lands on me. :oops:

C.J
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Aug 2016, 4:58 pm

Can't stand heights even when it's not a particularly big one and i hate bugs well i'm fine with them....just so long as i don't know their there.

Lavender33
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Nov 2016, 1:59 am

Phobias as in real, actual things I'm intensely terrified of?

Well then.

I have emetophobia, which is, as stupid as it sounds, the fear of vomit. Yes. And it's AWFUL.

A really bad fear of the dark. I can't slee without a nightlight, and even then it's bad.

And... another stupid one, ordering at restaurants. My parents don't seem to understand, but I just can't. Sometimes I can, but then I stumbled through it and end up getting soemthing I didn't want because I said the wrong thing. That's another awful one.

KatyKat_721
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Nov 2016, 9:02 pm

I've got horrible emetophobia. Also, I'm terrified of bees and other stinging organisms. I have a deep-seated fear that one day I'll be stung, and just randomly become allergic.

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 1:22 pm

1. Acrophobia: Fear of Heights (resolved)
2. Escalaphobia: Fear of Escalators (resolved)
3. Elevatophobia: Fear of Elevators (resolved, now just dislike)
4. Entomophobia -> Scabiophobia: Fear of Bugs (resolved, now just ->) Fear of Bed Bugs
5. Spheksophobia: Fear of Wasps
6. Trypanophobia: Fear of Needles
7. Ommetaphobia: Fear of Optometrist's Tools
8. Neophobia: Fear of Unfamiliar Situations
9. Metathesiophobia: Fear of Unexpected Change
10. Photophobia: Fear of Bright Light
11. Misophonia: Fear of High Pitch Sound
12. Cholerophobia: Fear of Angry Yelling
13. Auctoritasophobia: Fear of Authority Figures
14. Xenophobia: Fear of Guests
15. Telephonophobia: Fear of Talking on Phones

8O Wow! I did not realize I had so many.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

jcCoolidgejr.

25 Jun 2017, 12:17 am

That I'm a perversion not made in God's image and that I cause misery to everyone I met and God himself.

JamesJ
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2018, 1:23 am

My phobias are...
Talking in public, heights, I go back and forth on germaphobia which started when I was sick a lot, I was agoraphobic really bad at one point primarily because I hate strangers, the weirdest on is being afraid of large objects or things larger than another object or large and round which i get that fear mostly when i am having certain headaches. This last fear is the that bugs me the most because i can't figure out a cause.

Does anybody else get weird fears when they are sick or have headaches/migraines?