Page 15 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Lazershow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Mar 2015, 1:18 pm

large crowds, Loud noises, insects and social interactions among others

Theclouds
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Mar 2015, 8:42 pm

When I'm away From a city, camping or something, I tend to have a fear of storms, any other time, not so much. Basically, if there is a building I can stay in, I'm good, if there isn't, I get a bit nervous. Although it technically isn't a phobia because it doesn't really cause me to avoid camping or wafting trips. The definition of a phobia includes that he person actively avoids situations with that ever their phobia is about.

Although I do have nomophobia (fear of losing your cell phone, it's a really psychological disorder)

Scissor...me
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2015, 9:42 pm

Wasps, giant dogs, darkness, balloons, some people, loneliness and I don't like being in small rooms (my bathroom, which is tiny, counts). :wink:

Sarah xx

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 9:46 pm

I dislike unneeded social interaction and things being out of order. Surprising where my desire to organize things has taken me

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 2:45 pm

Fire

AwdiKei
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Apr 2015, 12:15 am

I hate touching or being touched by other people, being assertive, but those aren't clinical phobias.
I have more extreme fears of social interaction, and most of all, being the center of attention.
There are many others as well.

Bentastic197
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Apr 2015, 4:28 pm

Being alone forever & not being able to have a family, worms, Thinking of the future, Dying

aretilda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2015, 9:51 pm

Jellyfish, they really creep me out! I have nightmares about them on a regular basis. Whenever I'm on or near a beach I'm really nervous and jumpy by just the thought that there might be a Jellyfish somewhere, I've gotten panic attacks when I've seen one. If I was in the water and one of those things was nearby fixing to touch me I'd have a heart attack.

Jacob Alexander
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Aug 2015, 10:21 am

I am quite "afeared" of jump scares. Seriously, if a cute little kitten were to pop up on screen and yowl, when I didn't expect it, I would jump. This is what actually scares me for the most part in horror media, and I actually think of it as "cheap scares" because of the simplicity of the stunt. I am also scared of our family's book room. It is paneled with dark colored wood, and has a ceiling entrance to our nonfunctional attic. In my nightmares, a hand would appear from this entrance. It is dark-colored, not like an African American's hand, but like dead, rotting flesh. It would come quickly to get you. I called it Snake-hand, as the hand was attached to an arm that was the body of a python, blackish-green in color. It would grab you and drag you back from wherever in the house you were to the attic where you would be tortured or killed. Usually, it would only get you if you saw that the attic door was open, or if you saw the hand protruding from the entrance to the attic. Even to this day, I am scared of it, along with the forces that reside with it in the attic ( feel free to laugh). Because of it, I could not watch "Anabele", " The Conjuring", or anything similar to it alone because of Snake-hand. (I can and do watch other horror clips that are filled with gore as they are not scary, but none with similarities to Snake-hand).

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2015, 8:47 pm

Certain situations- topophobia; and being chased by someone.

darkcomesoon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Sep 2015, 10:26 pm

Vomit, especially seeing/hearing someone else vomit or being around someone who could get me sick with something that would make me vomit.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2015, 9:53 am

Clowns, clocks, androids, mannequins, puppets, masks, cyborgs, being alone, pokey things at doctor and dentist offices, and being trapped in a huge city without being able to find a tree or even a patch of grass. There's probably more, but that's my main list.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

StaticWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2015, 3:57 pm

Lazershow wrote:
large crowds, Loud noises, insects and social interactions among others

This is extremely accurate though I'm "just" highly scared of insects that could sting me.

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Oct 2015, 8:57 pm

Spiders, small bugs like Cockroaches, bees, needles, snakes. I also have a fear of heights, but I'm not afraid of falling, just something falling on me or me being on something that feels unstable... I also get massive fear and anxiety when I tell the person I fancy that I like them

OrdinaryDanny
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2015, 2:07 am

People, blood, vomit, sleep, ghosts, demons, ouija boards, laughter/laughing, large spaces, spiders, insects, alcohol, hypnosis, nurses/doctors, phones, and loud noises of any type.

(I understand the irrationality of some of these).

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 8:57 pm

thalassophobia - the fear of large bodies of water
submechanophobia - the fear of manmade objects submerged in water

these two descriptions don't either fit me exactly, it doesn't really have to be a large body of water, it could be something like a river or pond. it's more the depth of it that i fear. and not just manmade objects, but things like sticks and tree stumps underwater scare the s**t out of me as well.