Page 16 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 8:57 pm

thalassophobia - the fear of large bodies of water
submechanophobia - the fear of manmade objects submerged in water

these two descriptions don't either fit me exactly, it doesn't really have to be a large body of water, it could be something like a river or pond. it's more the depth of it that i fear. and not just manmade objects, but things like sticks and tree stumps underwater scare the s**t out of me as well.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 8:59 pm

Social phobia, arachnophobia, fear of balloons popping, math anxiety.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 9:19 pm

Got stung by a bee once. Scarred for life lol. It's not like I can't take bees'/wasps'/whatever bee-like-creatures' presence at all, I just feel VERY VERY (did I say "VERY" yet?) uncomfortable when they're around. I heard you can get some bad allergic reactions from their stings, not necissarily from the first one but from the second or third...

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2015, 4:37 am

Earthling wrote:
Got stung by a bee once. Scarred for life lol. It's not like I can't take bees'/wasps'/whatever bee-like-creatures' presence at all, I just feel VERY VERY (did I say "VERY" yet?) uncomfortable when they're around. I heard you can get some bad allergic reactions from their stings, not necissarily from the first one but from the second or third...

Well I guess you and I are in the same boat, huh Earthling!?

Boteva
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Oct 2015, 11:34 am

Soup. Yes, soup.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2015, 11:40 am

Ophidiophobia, the fear of reptiles and amphibians
Telephonophobia, the fear of talking on the telephone

depressedjiggers
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Nov 2015, 4:52 am

Jellyfish phobia. I don't know what it's called. I have never even been stung by a jellyfish before. It's just that they look so disturbing and weird, especially their tentacles.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 3:41 am

boredome wrote:
thalassophobia - the fear of large bodies of water
submechanophobia - the fear of manmade objects submerged in water

these two descriptions don't either fit me exactly, it doesn't really have to be a large body of water, it could be something like a river or pond. it's more the depth of it that i fear. and not just manmade objects, but things like sticks and tree stumps underwater scare the s**t out of me as well.

this is my most prominent fear. there's something just so f*****g messed up about our greater knowledge of mars' surface than our ocean floor. imagining being shipwrecked in the center of a deep blue expanse, with miles of undrinkable water surrounding and strange, unknown creatures below me, all gently rising and falling...rising and falling. or worse, when it is not gentle and all is stirred into a sea of froth. i think most if it is a fear of waves and swell deemed cymophobia. but even a glassy dark blue is creepy enough.

i am also creeped out by large text in all caps on a blank background, displaying ominous and cryptic messages.

another one of the few things that make my heart skip and make me jump are loud electronic buzzes, or beeps, or drones. my heater malfunctioning and screaming an ear shattering electronic buzz was one of the few things i can remember that nearly took my legs out from under me...wobbling. i jumped out of bed and ran.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 2:15 pm

I was once quite scared of the 'monster' in the bathroom at my old house, but only later admitted that it was a malfunctioning fan in the ceiling. I'm kind of afraid of cars, buses, and noisy things like that.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 4:19 pm

Spiders and any kind of bug, worms (thinking about any of those makes me feel like I want to jump out of my skin!) and any illnesses (I'm probably a hypochondriac - you think I'm in the wrong job?) - example: another nurse at work was working at the hospital when she started running a fatal arrhythmia. She was taken to the ER where she had to be cardioverted. That night I had a nightmare and woke up having a panic attack with my heart beating out of my chest. I thought I was having SVT where the heart is beating so fast it has to be slowed down by electricity, but I was really having a panic attack. :roll: I work on a cardiac unit so I see a lot of weird heart stuff.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2015, 2:09 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I was once quite scared of the 'monster' in the bathroom at my old house, but only later admitted that it was a malfunctioning fan in the ceiling. I'm kind of afraid of cars, buses, and noisy things like that.

i was creeped out for the longest time by the humming in my basement until it stopped a few years ago.

(how?)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 3:09 am

Ketchup and similar condiments

Basically anything remotely like the giant bugs in Peter Jacksons King Kong

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

22 Dec 2015, 10:08 am

Water holes, by far one of the things I'm most scared of. I get nervous just looking at these images.
Click for Image 1
Click for Image 2
Click for Image 3
I don't know why, but the water just freaks me out in those situations. If there wasn't any water involved I'd love to visit those places.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 9:21 pm

Social anxiety, blood-injury phobia, germophobe, and centipedes(whatever the phobia of that is).

Ishi2
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2015, 9:38 pm

Fire.

stripedmenthols
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Dec 2015, 10:03 pm

cardboard cutouts terrify me. i don't know why but they look like real people and they aren't at the same time so it's really scary to look at them esp bcs i have dissociative reality disorder.
also loud, sudden noises like trash trucks, slammed car doors, books dropped, motorcycles, etc. i'm alright with fireworks when i am expecting them and can see them
also when people yell at me or get angry with me, if someone yells at me i burst into tears

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 179 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 20 of 200