Rodent, Or Rodent Like Animal 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Reptile 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Reptile 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 40

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2005, 12:51 pm

I used to be crazy about any animal, with the exception of snakes. I went through an obsession with horses for a while.

Then I got into goats, and while other pet-type animals are OK, they just can't compare in my opinion. Goats have an appealing combination of friendliness, curiosity, independence, and brains. They're also utilitarian- they produce milk, cheese (and yes, meat), and not only does their poop stay outside in their pen, but it is useful for the garden instead of being an odious chore to dispose of.

Also, I can spend lots of time analyzing and categorzing the type (conformation) and production (milk and butterfat) data and do lots of research and draw up all sorts of charts, planned pedigrees, etc etc... they make a good obsession. :P

D-R-J
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2005, 1:52 pm

I love Goats too, I shouldve put farm animals or other. Alot of people like farm animals here :)

Douglas Adams

opsanus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2005, 3:47 pm

i currently have 1 dog (English Setter) and 18 snakes (half of them venomous, half non-venomous).

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2005, 3:58 pm

I love all animals, but I currently have 2 dogs, 3 cats, one rabbit and a bunch of fish. I have had in the past-hamsters, rats, ferrets, gerbils, mice, guinea pigs, more fish, a turtle, newts, etc.

I'm animal crazy, but I voted for dogs 'cause they're the best!

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2005, 10:08 pm

I like all animals as well but I don't think I've gone more than a month of my life without a pet dog. My first was a pure bred dingo and a beautiful dog at that.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2005, 10:09 pm

Cats because they tend to hate me lol. Dogs can be so boring they just lay there. The problem is that Im allergic to cats and whenever I see one I have to pick it up (which they frequently dont like anyway). Oh also I would like a bunny at school but it would probably be like too fruity.

PS 30 posts again wootwoot.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D