Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 7:32 am

Child-rearing is a young woman's job. Ol' granny won't have anything close to the energy required to raise a child.

Why do these affronts to nature always happen in India? Whenever I see a story about a kid born with an inordinate amount of heads/limbs/genitals, it's always from Bangladesh or Pakistan or someplace like that. The Western world has a comparative few home-grown freaks.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 9:42 am

LadyMacbeth wrote:
That's selfish, stupid, and downright wrong. What's going to happen in five years when those kids' parents DIE? Who's going to look after them?

I'm totally with you here.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 9:43 am

slowmutant wrote:
Child-rearing is a young woman's job. Ol' granny won't have anything close to the energy required to raise a child.

Why do these affronts to nature always happen in India? Whenever I see a story about a kid born with an inordinate amount of heads/limbs/genitals, it's always from Bangladesh or Pakistan or someplace like that. The Western world has a comparative few home-grown freaks.

maybe that's because there's so many of them...?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 10:01 am

I strongly suspect it has something do with the fact that India has a ridiculous amount of people within its borders. Their sheer numbers are distorting their DNA.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 10:35 am

Those poor kids' mom won't live long enough to see them grow up or graduate.... :(

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2008, 10:56 am

Old grannys giving birth is as 'not cool' as 11 year old having a baby.

Give the kid a chance. You'll be dead before theyre 18 if not before.

You know, i know it would never work this way cause we are not animals but wouldnt it be more convient. Example; people that rape children or anyone get desexed so they cant get no one pregnant and when women reach the age to old granny they have to get there tubes tied and if single parents have one more child in bad circumsatnces, with no father and living off welfare, they have to give the second child up for adoption. Be that eithier man or woman caring for that child cause some of them kids. they dont have a life and they dont get feed.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 12:16 pm

rabbit90 wrote:
I agree that everyone should be able to choose when they wish to produce offspring, but I feel that parents shouldn't be allowed to reproduce that late. It's unfair on the children and is only selfish.

What if it happens by accident?

Where should the age limit be set?

What should be the consequences for those who violate the law - forced abortion or turning the kid over to the state's foster care system?

And if there's such a thing as being too old to ethically reproduce, surely there is also such a thing as too young; where should that age limit be set?

In these cases, could there be a way to factor in family situations? (Example: very old or very young person gives birth with the understanding that relatives of normal child-rearing age will help to raise the child from the start.)

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 4:32 pm

Okay I normally try to NEVER judge but I am sorry... THAT IS DISGUSTING!! Not to mention, either the mother will be dead or extremely senile (likely anyway) by the time the child graduates from high school. My mother is not even 60 and she is a grandmother to my kids and my brother's. Some even are great-grandparents at that age!! 72 that is..

Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 5:57 pm

Poor kids, their parents will be dead before they're 10.

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 10:58 pm

source wrote:
"The desire for a male child has always been there, but God did not bless us with a male child," he said of the son who is a product of in vitro fertilization. "Now, we are very grateful to God, who has answered our prayers."

Anyone else find this statement odd?

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 11:00 pm

EvilKimEvil wrote:
What if it happens by accident?
Where should the age limit be set?
What should be the consequences for those who violate the law - forced abortion or turning the kid over to the state's foster care system?
And if there's such a thing as being too old to ethically reproduce, surely there is also such a thing as too young; where should that age limit be set?
In these cases, could there be a way to factor in family situations? (Example: very old or very young person gives birth with the understanding that relatives of normal child-rearing age will help to raise the child from the start.)

Please remember that this couple was not able to reproduce without medical intervention. god was telling them something: Don't have any more kids, you idiots.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 10:16 am

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
source wrote:
"The desire for a male child has always been there, but God did not bless us with a male child," he said of the son who is a product of in vitro fertilization. "Now, we are very grateful to God, who has answered our prayers."

Anyone else find this statement odd?

I hope the kid never reads it :roll:

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 10:18 am

Terry Fox ran halfway across Canada with one prosthetic leg. Do you think God was trying to prevent him from running by taking away one of his legs? I think not.

That goes for everyone else who's ever overcome a handicap.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 2:28 pm

Quote:

I laughed my ass of when I read this.

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Dec 2008, 8:46 pm

:lol: My parents are 85 years old!

End it all?

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 9:13 pm

rabbit90 wrote:
I agree that everyone should be able to choose when they wish to produce offspring, but I feel that parents shouldn't be allowed to reproduce that late. It's unfair on the children and is only selfish.

The government has no right to tell anyone not to reproduce.