Page 9 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 6:42 am

-Slow; understandable if it was meant by appearance, as I do move and talk slowly. However, I'm not mentally slow with standardized testing. Never asked for clarification
-"high"/on drugs; kinda understandable due to my slow manner, my deep-set and narrow eyes, and my flat affect. Wasn't taking drugs, so it was incorrect
-a monster. Suppose this is a perspective thingy, but I don't mean/intend to hurt people [in 99.9% of cases]
-albino. Incorrect, as I do have melanin (blue eyes and brown hair)
-dumb; based on schoolwork in high school. Incorrect, as I'm not dumb (basing intelligence on schooling is erroneous for many reasons)
-crazy; due to a couple of [justified] violent outbursts that shocked people who thought I wouldn't ever do such (everyone has a trigger)

Not mistaken for having a mental disorder that I don't have.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 6:46 am

Once a guy knocked a guy out cold for calling me a slut. I didn't even know he had said. I was too busy chatting away to every one and I hate it when I'm tired - I talk with a softer voice and some men think I'm trying to be sexy and come onto them - it happens alot :evil:

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Jan 2009, 6:47 am

My mother had a hard time accepting the fact that I was diagnosed with Asperger's. She kept saying it was "only child" stuff. But the only child thing syndrome is a myth. Now, she has begun realizing all the things that add up to autism. I was born 44 years ago by an emergency C-section due to 45 minutes of oxygen deprivation. I have had intense narrow interests my whole life. I have always been awkward in social situations. She has even admitted to being concerned about me during school because of my lack of friends. I had a tape of me talking when I was in elementary school and it was determined by an expert to be typical Asperger's speech. So it all adds up to her now.

Optician_Of_Urza
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2009, 8:40 am

Eccentric and weird are the main words I would use. It wasn't until I met another aspie that someone considered the possibility that I might have AS.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 8:41 am

Um huh yes I've been called weird too :cry:

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 8:45 am

I've been called a slut too, but I think that's cos I just dress nicer than everyone else, cos I wear what I actually want to wear, instead of just hoodies and jeans. But apparently my faux leather boots made me look like a hooker. :?

y es como un semestre"

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 3:01 pm

Its stupid calling someone a slut because of what they wear.. it's not even based on truth. A lot of real sluts look like frumps.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 3:04 pm

I hate the word slut - it is derogoratory to women. Some men blame women for being raped for what they wear.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 3:33 pm

strange, odd, weird

ruveyn

RoisinDubh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2009, 4:54 pm

A lot of things, but most often either a sociopath, a drag queen, or both. The former is probably due to the Aspergers, but the latter is just the fault of my 5'10 height and the way I choose to dress much of the time. :roll:

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 4:05 am

apperently a perv, or apperent danger to children, considering articals on the internet about guys that dont socialize, have no children, and are single