Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 10:04 pm

I'm with the booth favoring masses. I feel all exposed at a table out in the middle of the floor.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

moonlightwhisp
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Dec 2008, 12:53 am

Definitely booths. I feel more sheltered in them for some reason. Chairs out in the open make me feel like there's a spotlight on me. 8O

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 1:45 am

I'm a bit torn. I generally prefer booths since they're against the walls and I can't stand being watched (even if it only feels like I'm being watched) when I eat, but I problem I find with booths is that they always feel so "far away" from me. I like being right up to the table and I swear every booth I've sat at in the last decade must have been built to accommodate a giant. This is good for the severely overweight because then they don't have to squeeze, but I just hate it when the table is so far away from where I'm sitting.

eyelesbarrow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2009, 4:27 am

booths. i like them bec i can hide but depending on my position, i can still see the door and most of the room.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 12:30 am

I much perfer booths too for several reasons. One is the isolation and I particularly like the high backed seats that some booths offer so you can't see the person next door. I feel uncomfortable at the tables along aisles with having others walk by constantly and I feel like I'm being watched which makes me uncomfortable because I drop things a lot and get crumbs on my clothes. I'm also afraid of accidently falling out of the chair - see recent post on clumsiness to understand where I am coming from.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 2:06 am

Booths are usually more comfy.

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2009, 11:18 pm

I would have to say neither. I had to go out with some family tonight, and I felt closed in at the booth, especially being in the inside seat. But at the same time, if I were at an open table with chairs, I can freely turn any direction, spread my arms, etc.

So at a booth, I don't have to worry about everyone in the restaurant, but then again I have to worry about the people cramped up all around me. As for the open table, it is the otherway around, so it all depends on how well I know the people sitting with me, or who the people are at the other tables.

halfawake
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jan 2009, 11:28 pm

moonlightwhisp wrote:
Definitely booths. I feel more sheltered in them for some reason. Chairs out in the open make me feel like there's a spotlight on me. 8O

Exactly.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 12:13 am

I like those round booths that give you room to stretch out and not have the person next to you bumping elbows with you. Two of the Chinese restaurants have those round booths that will seat up to 6 or 8. Oh dang I shouldn't have posted this because now I'm craving Chinese food. :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 11:15 am

I have no preference. If it's a really popular restaurant, I often have to take whatever I can get, depending on what time of the day it is.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

16 Jan 2009, 7:48 am

I'll sit anywhere as long as my back isn't to the crowd. I like to be able to see what everyone else is doing, not sure why. I suppose I prefer booths but only because over here they have comfy chairs.
However I like tables as I get a 360 degree view of what's going on around me where as in a booth, well...you can't look through a solid wall.