Page 358 of 393 [ 6279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 355, 356, 357, 358, 359, 360, 361 ... 393  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 2:14 am

Uncle wrote:
Ewwww :).. I like the kaleidoscope style imagery :)

interesting statement.
it seems to me to be an insult disguised as praise. i am probably wrong however.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 2:51 am

b9 wrote:
Uncle wrote:

interesting statement.
it seems to me to be an insult disguised as praise. i am probably wrong however.

Well it seems you are wrong!! I would never intentionally insult someone, spent a lifetime receiving that myself and wouldn't do that intentionally to anyone. It was literally a genuine positive response to said artwork!

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 2:54 am

Yes its a mirroring technique that visually has the aesthetics of Kaleidoscope imagery.. I genuinely like it!

b9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 2:57 am

Uncle wrote:
b9 wrote:
Uncle wrote:

interesting statement.

Well it seems you are wrong!! I would never intentionally insult someone, spent a lifetime receiving that myself and wouldn't do that intentionally to anyone. It was literally a genuine positive response to said artwork!

all good then.

it seemed to me that you were alerting everyone to the fact that it was kaleidoscopic and you saw that it was just a quadrant of the picture rotated 3 times at 90 degrees each time. also your use of the word "ewwwwww" was not conducive to my thinking you were in approval.

but there one goes huh? lessons are learned often.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:08 am

b9 wrote:
Uncle wrote:
b9 wrote:
Uncle wrote:

interesting statement.

all good then.

it seemed to me that you were alerting everyone to the fact that it was kaleidoscopic and you saw that it was just a quadrant of the picture rotated 3 times at 90 degrees each time. also your use of the word "ewwwwww" was not conducive to my thinking you were in approval.

All good B9! :) I could see why you thought ewwww may have been a negative, as in yuck, but i often use ewwwww in its positive form as a spark of interest and curiosity. As you will be aware, it is often the case that the same word/saying have numerous meanings positive and negative. Which can be harder to interpret without a visual audio representation to said statement... I often get confused to many statements here and often have a hard time translating them myself... I do assure you anything i ever say is only meant in its positive light whether constructively or in any other from of discussion... I think my past posts speak for that claim :)

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:11 am

b9 wrote:
Uncle wrote:
b9 wrote:
Uncle wrote:

interesting statement.

all good then.

That's actually not how I made these. It was more flipping several times and using different blending modes. I tend to work pretty destructively in Photoshop when making this kind of stuff, and I don't keep all of my layers, so I've tried 2 or 3 times to recreate that top one and have been unable to do it. So much went into it after the initial flipping of it that I can't even remember what I did. lol I don't know, part of me doesn't mind so much though. Makes it more unique to know I could never make anything else like it again, even if I tried. haha

--Aldous Huxley

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:13 am

So you didn't mirror the duplicate?

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:13 am

Uncle wrote:
Yes its a mirroring technique that visually has the aesthetics of Kaleidoscope imagery.. I genuinely like it!

Thanks! They are fun to make. You can pretty much take any photograph and turn it into something else without ever really knowing what it's going to look like when all is said and done. I've done quite a few of these; my avatar is another one (though it's probably hard to see in avatar form).

--Aldous Huxley

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:17 am

Nights_Like_These wrote:
Uncle wrote:

Thanks! They are fun to make. You can pretty much take any photograph and turn it into something else without ever really knowing what it's going to look like when all is said and done. I've done quite a few of these; my avatar is another one (though it's probably hard to see in avatar form).

Yes, i like them. Was just kaleidoscope came to mind the instant i saw them as it does have a similar resemblance in my view :). So was this a number of images over layed and then mirrored? using an artistic filter to give the artwork effect?

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:18 am

Uncle wrote:

I usually start out by flipping it vertically on a duplicate layer, and then blending it and flattening it, and then I'll do the same horizontally (though usually using a different blending mode, depending on the content of the photograph). And then I'll often do more flipping and moving around with sections of the photo, it really just depends on the photo I'm using. And then after that it's just normal adjusting in camera raw or something like that, adding textures/overlays sometimes as well. It's usually hours of work that I've put into it. It's fun to get lost in it sometimes (especially with the help of marijuana at times lol).

--Aldous Huxley

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:22 am

Uncle wrote:
Nights_Like_These wrote:
Uncle wrote:

Yes, i like them. Was just kaleidoscope came to mind the instant i saw them as it does have a similar resemblance in my view :). So was this a number of images over layed and then mirrored? using an artistic filter to give the artwork effect?

I like to do photo-composites using multiple images as well, but pretty much all of the mirror effect ones are done with a single photograph.

--Aldous Huxley

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:24 am

Nights_Like_These wrote:
Uncle wrote:

I usually start out by flipping it vertically on a duplicate layer, and then blending it and flattening it, and then I'll do the same horizontally (though usually using a different blending mode, depending on the content of the photograph). And then I'll often do more flipping and moving around with sections of the photo, it really just depends on the photo I'm using. And then after that it's just normal adjusting in camera raw or something like that, adding textures/overlays sometimes as well. It's usually hours of work that I've put into it. It's fun to get lost in it sometimes (especially with the help of marijuana at times lol).

haha, can sooo relate, especially that last sentence! hehe... Its like my avatar, that was about a 20hr process.. I have the original in .psd form on another harddrive somewhere... Somewhere being....well... not too sure!

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:27 am

Uncle wrote:
Nights_Like_These wrote:
Uncle wrote:

haha, can sooo relate, especially that last sentence! hehe... Its like my avatar, that was about a 20hr process.. I have the original in .psd form on another harddrive somewhere... Somewhere being....well... not too sure!

I do keep the final .psd of .tiff file so that I have it in full resolution, but it has always been flattened several times by then. lol

--Aldous Huxley

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:28 am

Have you posted a larger version of your avatar in here? It looks really cool, but it's hard to see the detail when it's so small.

--Aldous Huxley

b9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:29 am

i like mathematically induced patterns that i think of. like this...

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:38 am

b9 wrote:
i like mathematically induced patterns that i think of. like this...

mmmmm. love fractals!. was it yourself i asked if you knew about' Electric sheep' ?