Page 371 of 393 [ 6280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 393  Next

MrRusty
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2018, 3:39 pm

I've been meaning to post this for a while. I make art out of junk: some abstracts, but mainly robots, figures, and vehicles. I rarely paint anything, I am fascinated by the textures and colours that are found on junk in general.
I've been accused of not being real artist since I can't draw or use colours and am an engineer professionally rather than having a fine arts background. And my welding has been described memorably as looking like "cockie s**t" (cockie is slang for sulphur crested cockatoo, a very large noisy Australian parrot). But I don't really care.

Say hello to Sunbeam, her body is a Sunbeam brand cake mixer with the logo visible on the front. She's a lovely person with a heart of gold (literally in her case). And she's immortal. I put her in a gallery show but I'm really glad she didn't sell as I'd like to hang onto her. My friend styled her hair with a product intended for goths & punks called "Black Death" which has a holding power like epoxy glue, and sewed her little top.

Warning: I've got lots more

AnnWFoxPoint
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jul 2018, 8:10 am

MrRusty wrote:
I've been meaning to post this for a while. I make art out of junk: some abstracts, but mainly robots, figures, and vehicles. I rarely paint anything, I am fascinated by the textures and colours that are found on junk in general.
I've been accused of not being real artist since I can't draw or use colours and am an engineer professionally rather than having a fine arts background. And my welding has been described memorably as looking like "cockie s**t" (cockie is slang for sulphur crested cockatoo, a very large noisy Australian parrot). But I don't really care.

Say hello to Sunbeam, her body is a Sunbeam brand cake mixer with the logo visible on the front. She's a lovely person with a heart of gold (literally in her case). And she's immortal. I put her in a gallery show but I'm really glad she didn't sell as I'd like to hang onto her. My friend styled her hair with a product intended for goths & punks called "Black Death" which has a holding power like epoxy glue, and sewed her little top.

Warning: I've got lots more

She's great! Yes to lots more!

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 8:22 am

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 11:15 am

domineekee wrote:

that's lovely!!

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 12:08 pm

^ Thank you Gallia

czarsmom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jul 2018, 12:35 pm

czarsmom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jul 2018, 12:43 pm

czarsmom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jul 2018, 12:48 pm

czarsmom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jul 2018, 12:49 pm

These drawings are truly phenomenal.

1986 wrote:
I used to like drawing in my early teenage years but have lost interest almost completely since. Mostly because I get anxious from thinking about it, then I get anxious that I can't draw because I get anxious about it. Been like that for a decade, so don't think I'll see any change soon ... anyway, here are some drawings I managed to do when I could keep the anxiety at bay.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2018, 4:14 pm

czarsmom wrote:
These drawings are truly phenomenal.

ikr i can't get over hw cool they are. i would genuinely buy a poster :lol: but generally, i love the diverse talent here on wp!

Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 12:10 am

I'm happy you think so. Right now I'm swamped with work and adapting to life as a married man, but maybe sometime in the future I can pick up drawing again. Luckily, it's not a skill that disappears.

I haven't really "enjoyed" drawing since I was a child though. Here are some images from when I was around 12 years old.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 4:00 am

i rly like that last one - car with all the junk!
when i was 12 i used to draw manga. i won't post it tho, it's too embarrassing xD

Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 4:32 am

I was obsessed with sports cars at that time, so I tried to create the ultimate sports car. That was the logical result from an aspie child's point of view. :)

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 4:39 am

1986 wrote:
I was obsessed with sports cars at that time, so I tried to create the ultimate sports car. That was the logical result from an aspie child's point of view. :)

amazing xD

Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 5:19 am

How about photography? Does anyone have anything to show?

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 6:25 pm

Here's a little selection of stuff I've done over the years. I've not painted or drawn for a very long time now, but I still do a bit of photography now and then...
There's more here on my flickr page, though it's years since I've bothered updating it.