Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cluck
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2008, 1:32 pm

fashion is (was) one of my intense interests. I don't spend as much time on it since Ive had my son. I do have a killer shoe collection, too bad I wear mostly flats now :P

I still love fashion, I think it's one of the most interesting forms of art.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 7:13 pm

I dress cute. On days when I'm not really going out I'll wear tight pants, a t shirt and a hoodie. and some comfortable Macbeth shoes.
When I go out I'll wear a pinafore dress or a low v-neck top. You can never get me out of my tight skinny black jeans though. Well, you can try. I like cardigans too. I have sensitive skin so these come in handy when the sun is out. They itch but I don't scratch my arms, I just rub them.
I make some effort to make myself look good.

Vulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2008, 7:28 pm

when i was younger i used to wear a full army outfit and i wore this my first years in school aswel, but i eventually got teased so much that i changed into other stuff, for the most part i just wore what my mother gave me, she did one time make me wear pink baggy trousers, now that was very embarrassing... i only wore them for one school day though....luckily for me i was quite tall ect in school so not many kids would tease me too much..

later when i started buying my own clothes things got very nasty and i got teased allot and so i had a though time up until around 20ish, now i wear just ordinary boring clothes, but i still wear army trousers ect and i look very nerdy at times i guess.. but its ok for now... i dont pay too much attention to clothes as i realized that i dont know how to dress cool, so i dont bother with it...

but its funny as i also got some clothes from a friend of mine who is very "trendy" as he had out grown them even though he had not wore them more then ones ect... but now i do have a semi trendy look, but to be honest i dont feel comfortable in those clothes.. i prefer my clean army style...

noahveil23
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2008, 7:47 pm

Most of my attempt to look cool have been failures. I prefer uniformity. I get 4 or five outfits all the same. I am in a profession where everyone always wears black, which is nice. Fewer decisions. Hmm what do I feel like wearing today? Hmmm, I don't know. Maybe the black? Yes I think the black will do nicely. Isn't that easy?

If you learn to run a follow spot you can dress the same every day, see cool shows over and over and over, and sit off by yourself and not have to talk to anyone. Cool Beans!

millie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 7:53 pm

when i was young i was into alternative op shop clothes and then punk clothes. The funny thing with the op shop clothes was that i collected bags and bags full - incredible stuff - but only wore a few of the items because i couldn't handle the fabrics against my skin. lots of old crepes and sytnhetics. i could handle the cotton ones.

Since then, i wear the same stuff all the time...painting clothes i work in and i have one outfit for going down to sydney. I wear all cotton clothes, cut the tags off most things - well - rip th tags off to put it precisely - and i cannot stand synthetics. i wear men's singlets a lot and everything is fairly loose. paint spattered. i just cannot stand tight stuff and i cannot stand clingy stuff.

when i was on drugs when younger - well - i could have more variation at times - mainly because the narcotics dulled the sensory issues a bit.....

i do however wear my tattoos and cowgirl hat EVERYWHERE, along with sunglasses because of the light.

noahveil23

22 Dec 2008, 8:28 pm

Cotton! 100%!

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 9:06 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I had this fantasy about being a coveted goth at one point and dressed gothic but I was very insecure about being as a good a goth as the other goths.

Same here. I always felt my black eyeliner skills were lesser, than the other Goths. As I'm sure you know, the eyeliner is what makes the Goth look, so yeah. Might try it again for this upcoming Slipknot concert I just bought tickets to tonight, since they're coming out with makeup that can't be mussed up. It has removal cream you have to buy on it's own, and I bought a 16 hour lipstick or something. It really will not come off without the cream, it took me like 5 minutes to get it off with water. That's remarkable, given that you used to have to worry about makeup coming off without you knowing it.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 9:08 pm

I used to get bitchy girls bullying me whenever I wore trendy clothes to primary school. People just assume you ought to dress like s**t if you're an aspie.

You don't have to..... and never let anyone try and tell you what you can and can't wear! You have just as much right as every other man woman or child to look trendy.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 9:10 pm

I hate bully girls. They so stupid, I mean why should they be intimidated cause you look good in the same clothes they wear. If anything, I would think that's a reason for them to want you in their clique, not force you out of it.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 9:12 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
I hate bully girls. They so stupid, I mean why should they be intimidated cause you look good in the same clothes they wear. If anything, I would think that's a reason for them to want you in their clique, not force you out of it.

Yes they take it out on you when you take some of the glory away from them. f**k them. I was always the uncool, ugly, quiet, worthless, unpopular kid at school, so it just angered them even more when I looked like them.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 3:51 am

Zero cotton. I prefer functional clothes. I like cargo pants that convert into cargo shorts. I prefer my clothes to fit me well, and don't really mind if they are form-fitting since I'm athletic and take care of myself. I like sunny colors, and prefer not to wear black since dark colors make it hard to regulate body temperature. I guess I'm not the least bit concerned with how stylish I look, since I don't recall seeing people dressing with the same ideas that I have.

AngelUndercover
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2008, 6:34 am

I couldn't care less about fashion. I wear jeans and a t-shirt every day. When I was a kid, I was bewildered by my friends' love for fashion, and my parents used to tell me that when I became a teenager I would start caring about clothes and asking for clothes as gifts. Never happened :D

I do understand being insecure about wearing trendy clothes. When I was in school I tended to avoid clothes that were cool or trendy, because I knew that if I wore them, people would assume I was trying (and failing) to be cool.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 9:36 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Yes they take it out on you when you take some of the glory away from them. f**k them. I was always the uncool, ugly, quiet, worthless, unpopular kid at school, so it just angered them even more when I looked like them.

I gave up trying to be popular in grade 6 and decided to take my own path, unfortunatly, my own path was exactly what those jack***** wanted me to take. Ultimatly I decided to wear clothes that felt good, and looked good, apart from my lounging clothes. Once I made the point of "I just want to be left alone" strongly enough, people left me alone, except when I tried to fit in. Naturally, I gave up trying to fit in too! Now I find other people similar to me, mostly the NTs that live on the edge of technology who are already cast out from the "popular" crowd but still do their own thing, simply because I can't live as a hermit. As for the clothes, if you judge me on what I'm wearing, you aren't worth my time.