Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 9:45 am

I'm attempting to get a prescription for Dexamphetamines (we don't have Adderall here) some time in the future as I've read that it helps improve some of the symptoms for people with AS.

For now I use caffeine, but fortunately I don't have withdrawal symptoms yet. I take several No-Doz pills each day in the final week before exams. I also drink coffee during the holidays when I need to get things done. The mild stimulant effect helps keep me awake and slightly more attentive to the tasks that I need to do. I can also tolerate crap to people more when I'm strung up on caffeine.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

26 Dec 2009, 11:35 pm

P-Lane wrote:
Pretty much. 7-Eleven is like my 2nd home. I go there to fill up on Double Gulps (the biggest Big Gulps.)

This sounds like me! I do go for the standard Big Gulp though, and get two a day. I am planning to wean (it is a process, otherwise I have massive withdrawal symptoms) myself off of soda for my NYR. I did it once, several years ago and it had a wonderful impact on my health, but a couple of slip-ups and I was right back into addiction mode.

I have never had an energy drink (some strange internal bias won't allow me to even try them though I am interested) and I can't stand the taste of coffee. I tried it once when I was 10 or so, and then again 10 or so years later after an acquaintance inisited I try a raspberry mocha ("you can't even taste the coffee" UM YA, I COULD!!"). I just can't get into it.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:37 pm

P-Lane wrote:
Pretty much. 7-Eleven is like my 2nd home. I go there to fill up on Double Gulps (the biggest Big Gulps.)

This sounds like me! I do go for the standard Big Gulp though, and get two a day. I am planning to wean (it is a process, otherwise I have massive withdrawal symptoms) myself off of soda for my NYR. I did it once, several years ago and it had a wonderful impact on my health, but a couple of slip-ups and I was right back into addiction mode.

I have never had an energy drink (some strange internal bias won't allow me to even try them though I am interested) and I can't stand the taste of coffee. I tried it once when I was 10 or so, and then again 10 or so years later after an acquaintance inisited I try a raspberry mocha ("you can't even taste the coffee" UM YA, I COULD!!"). I just can't get into it.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:39 pm

P-Lane wrote:

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:44 pm

P-Lane wrote:

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:50 pm

P-Lane wrote:

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:50 pm

P-Lane wrote:

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:55 pm

P-Lane wrote:

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:57 pm

P-Lane wrote:

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2010, 6:12 pm

I LOVE Low Carb Monster (an energy drink), but I don't like coffee. I also like unsweetened hot tea.

mysassyself
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 6:43 pm

Love coffee. I can have anywhere from one to nine on any given day. :D

I also love tea of all kinds. I don't drink soft drinks or energy drinks except for special occasions. I do drink fruit juice though.

A Thursday child ..

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 7:34 pm

I drink a monster or two every day and usually it keeps me alert throughout the entire day. I don't even crash!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2010, 7:59 am

Yes, as a matter of fact, I'm drinking an Inked Energy Druidic Euro Citrus energy drink, right now. I don't usually drink them, but this is an emergency. I have to get in as many posts as I can, before Alex transfers this site to another server.