Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 7:43 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
When a woman asks you if she is fat or do you think she is, tell her "no" even if she is fat.

Do not tell someone they have a pimple

Do not make a comment about someone's stretchmarks to their face

Do not talk about bodily functions during meals

Do not talk about sex in public (that rule has changed, it is now acceptable)

Do not tell someone they are fat

Do not tell someone they are ugly or unattractive

When someone asks for your opinion, you are to lie.

I have a question are beards today now unaccepatable in today's society?

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 9:51 pm

Firegirl531 wrote:
I was thinking that as a way to help each other out a bit, we could post some unwritten rules we learned over the years.

Nightclubs/Bars

1) Keep the verbal interactions with the bartender short.

2) Don't order food/chips unless others in the bar order food/chips

3) If the bartender gives you a straw with your drink; drink with the straw, not out of the glass

4) Try to drink your drink of choice slowly if you are not planning on getting drunk or other people may think else-wise

I have seen NTs violate all those rules. Usually not #1 if the bar is busy. If you are the only one there, then it is more common

02 Jan 2009, 10:35 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:
When a woman asks you if she is fat or do you think she is, tell her "no" even if she is fat.

I don't know. But I heard they spell out "pedophile" but I think that is stupid. You can't judge someone by the way they look.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 1:14 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

Spokane

I have never understood this but why do women ask if they're fat if they do not want to hear the truth.

cube

cman_yall
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2009, 1:20 pm

I disagree with the one about the straw... if the bartender puts a straw in my bourbon and coke, I have a sneaking suspicion that's his subtle way of telling me I just ordered a girly drink... so screw him, I leave the straw on the bar, and walk away. An umbrella, on the other hand, would be awesome :D

And the food... I disagree with that one, too... order food if you want, and share it around with whatever group you're with. Herd bonding behaviour, and you shouldn't drink on an empty stomach anyway.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 3:36 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:

These are good ones. The one about pimples reminded me of something from many years ago. I was on a beach with my very best friend. I noticed that she had a kind of irregular-looking mole on her back. I had learned somewhere that (rightly or wrongly) an irregular-shaped mole was something that could be a cause for concern, because it could be malignant. I figured it was in a place that she couldn't possibly see, so, being her best friend, I mentioned it to her. I'm pretty sure her sister was with us, but no one else. Well, my friend got really offended. I tried to explain that I only mentioned it because I thought it might be a health concern, and she might not know about it otherwise, but that made no difference at all. In the few years I had known her, she had never been angry at me like that, and it was very uncomfortable. Afterward, I kept thinking, what if I hadn't mentioned it, and then she turned out to have cancer, and by that time it was too late? You can't win.

03 Jan 2009, 4:43 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

Spokane

I have never understood this but why do women ask if they're fat if they do not want to hear the truth.

cube

Neither do I. It was something I just learned on here in a thread someone posted when she asked her bf if he thinks she's fat and was upset by the answer. Some said what the unwritten rule was for that. I suppose they were told that rule just like I was.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 5:14 pm

elderwanda wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

These are good ones. The one about pimples reminded me of something from many years ago. I was on a beach with my very best friend. I noticed that she had a kind of irregular-looking mole on her back. I had learned somewhere that (rightly or wrongly) an irregular-shaped mole was something that could be a cause for concern, because it could be malignant. I figured it was in a place that she couldn't possibly see, so, being her best friend, I mentioned it to her. I'm pretty sure her sister was with us, but no one else. Well, my friend got really offended. I tried to explain that I only mentioned it because I thought it might be a health concern, and she might not know about it otherwise, but that made no difference at all. In the few years I had known her, she had never been angry at me like that, and it was very uncomfortable. Afterward, I kept thinking, what if I hadn't mentioned it, and then she turned out to have cancer, and by that time it was too late? You can't win.

Aw, I feel really sorry for you! I'm sure your friend didn't even know why she was angry either- it was just one of those comments that provokes a gut reaction, no matter what the intentions were.

Sometimes it helps if you phrase it reeally diplomatically, although I'm guessing she might have had it pointed out by her family (and possibly been teased about it, which could explain the reaction).

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 6:16 am

Firegirl531 wrote:
:x FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST! IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO CONTRIBUTE OTHER THAN THE TYPICAL "only the rich/NT/AS can..." BS THEN DO THOSE WHO MAY ACTUALLY BE LOOKING FOR SUPPORT A FAVOR AND BUTT OUT! !! !! :evil: :x

:?:

Firegirl531 wrote:
(working on no sleep in the last 24 hrs)

Then don't post.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 1:43 pm

I've never quite understood these so called "unwritten rules." When I wouldn't let my sister tell me what to do, she'd pull some "unwritten rule" out of the air that I was allegedly violating by doing what I wanted instead of what she said to do.

When I'd ask her how she knew about all of these "unwritten rules," she'd tell me to "shut up" which of course to me meant she was making the whole thing up as a way to try and get me to obey her.

I wish I could get away with something like that, if someone was doing something I didn't like and I could just pull an "unwritten rule" out of my hat and they'd have to stop, but the world doesn't work that way.

Oh well.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"