Page 4 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 4:32 am

moonlightwhisp wrote:
tcorrielus wrote:
Do you guys think that Sailors Uranus and Neptune were lesbians? (Not trying to be anti-gay or anti-lesbian)

In the original Japanese version, they were indeed lesbians. DiC, the American distributors, thought that subject matter was too adult and controversial for the younger demographic they were shooting for, so Neptune and Uranus became really close and touchy-feely cousins. :roll:
in other words..incestous lesbians...good going DiC

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 3:50 pm

invisiblem0nsters wrote:
ps, I love Spice and Wolf :)

Aye, I'm so happy they got a second season.

L.

Firechick
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Mar 2009, 7:09 am

My sister and I used to watch that a LOT when we were younger, but she's not into anime anymore and I grew out of it.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2009, 1:04 pm

Yeah I've gotten to see most of them on DVD. Thanks to a friend introducing me to Sailor Moon.

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 6:39 pm

To say that I like Sailor Moon would be a massive understatement. I was obsessed with the show since I was little. I'd watch it religiously whenever it came on on Toonami. I wasn't exposed to the original Japanese version until I was about 11 or 12, then my parents bought me the uncut boxed set of the first season for Christmas (back in 2003).

So far I own seasons 1, 2, 3, and 5 in boxed sets. I've also been watching a lot of it on Youtube. I'm still pretty much obsessed with it to this day, even though it's been off the air in the United States for nearly ten years. I'm also a huge fan of the abridged series of Sailor Moon.

Sailor Moon has also ignited in me an obsession with Japanese culture that was first kindled when I was 12 and started to become more exposed to the original Japanese version. One of my biggest goals in life is to visit Japan. I also wouldn't mind meeting Naoko Takeuchi (the original creator of Sailor Moon), along with the original Japanese voice actors, but that's a bit of a stretch. :roll:

Tay
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jun 2010, 6:55 pm

i use to watch it its an old anime but it was good back then

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 12:14 pm

I watched the first season on TV (vs. Queen Beryl) when I was about 15. (it was 2002, I don't remember if Dutch TV aired Sailor Moon back in the 90s). I enjoyed it quite a bit, even if the episodes could be a bit formulaic. Yeah, it was quite a revelation for me to discover that Zoisite was originally a man. That's some weak censoring, if you ask me.

My favourite character was Ami, because she's nerdy and she has a passive power.

I also love the Abridged Series mentioned above, which someone on another message board introduced me to.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 6:50 pm

I remember watching the series with a little girl, that I used to babysit, a long time ago. It's actually a very good cartoon. Very well done. :)

Invincible
Raven
Raven

21 Jun 2010, 9:04 pm

I remember back in 1994 or 1995 when it was on before I went to school.

I think they had Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors here in the US) on right before it.

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jun 2010, 3:26 pm

Oh my gosh. I used to watch Sailor Moon all the time, and I'd freak out if I missed a single episode.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 9:11 am

I just started watching the Japanese original version of Sailor Moon on Youtube. I did watch it for a while a few years ago but I think I like it more this time around. :P

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 12:03 am

Yep, used to watch it a lot. Although the first season's "monster of the week" theme got kind of boring after a while.

Favorite Scouts: Ami/Mercury and Rei/Mars.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jul 2010, 11:48 pm

Sailor Moon was a truly epic anime series. Not only did it popularize the Magical Girl genre, it was one of those animes that became popular in the US, like Dragonball and Pokemon. I still love this series because it taught me much about friendship, love, socializing and emotions. It was great to explore the female mind. I fell in love with Japanese culture too. The POLITENESS! I wish American culture is kinda like Japanese culture.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 6:22 am

conundrum wrote:
Yep, used to watch it a lot. Although the first season's "monster of the week" theme got kind of boring after a while.

I can understand why that would bore people. TOEI (the company that did the anime for Sailor Moon) actually needed to make all those fillers so that the manga version would stay well ahead of the anime. They didn't want the anime to get ahead of the manga, which is why they made all those fillers.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 8:58 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i5qkSxF60U[/youtube]

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jul 2010, 11:45 am

MONIQUEIJ wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i5qkSxF60U[/youtube]

That makes me wish I was a woman. I've seen guys *attempt* to pull off on Sailor Moon cosplay.