Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 3:05 pm

That was one of the odds and ends things I bought there. I needed something in which to store out of season clothing items.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 3:25 pm

I lived one year in Hungary, there is IKEA there and I really enjoyed going there, I bought so many good things for a nice price, and the furniture is really easy to assemble. I'm back to my home country and I miss it! Here we have an IKEA-like store but it's too expensive and actually the furniture isn't easy to assemble alone (although they ad like it was).

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Mar 2017, 10:41 pm

I don't really care for it but I like the song :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2017, 7:56 am

When buying from IKEA, it's always best to buy from product lines that they are particularly strong in. They're pretty good for book shelves and other storage furniture. I've had two of their BILLY bookcases for almost 7 years now and they're still going strong. I've also bought 3 of their storage cubes from their new EKET range to store my vinyl in and they work very well too. I also like to go there to buy bars of my favourite chocolate brand Marabou. However, for things like beds, desks, chairs and tables, I prefer to buy higher quality items from elsewhere as I don't trust IKEA's build quality for those types of furniture.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 11:50 am

BetwixtBetween wrote:
That was one of the odds and ends things I bought there. I needed something in which to store out of season clothing items.

Which Nordli dresser did you get? I want the 16 drawer and two 8 drawer ones.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 9:49 pm

I didn't get a dresser, just a means of clothing storage for my out of season clothes- bags. I made a list of what I wanted/needed at home, took necessary measurements, and then...I had to coordinate pushing two carts and a cartless pile of chairs to the checkout line and then to my car.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 2:20 pm

AlanMooresBeard wrote:
When buying from IKEA, it's always best to buy from product lines that they are particularly strong in. They're pretty good for book shelves and other storage furniture. I've had two of their BILLY bookcases for almost 7 years now and they're still going strong. I've also bought 3 of their storage cubes from their new EKET range to store my vinyl in and they work very well too. I also like to go there to buy bars of my favourite chocolate brand Marabou. However, for things like beds, desks, chairs and tables, I prefer to buy higher quality items from elsewhere as I don't trust IKEA's build quality for those types of furniture.

This one is of my favourites:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 4:33 pm

As far as I know yeah...my boyfriend has some furniture from there, and from the look of it its all fairly easy to put together with minimal tools. I feel confident I could get something from there and put it together myself without much trouble.

Though he also had a glass case from there which he shattered the door of by accident setting it down in a storage place, so that wasn't good. I sort of hope they've come up with a newer model for that, with better protection against shattering because I saw when he set it down and it was pretty gently. Luckily it was made of some sort of glass that shatters into more dull than sharp pieces...still probably wouldn't want to step in it without shoes.

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2017, 3:04 pm

mod, please delete this

My neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200

I am very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Last edited by antnego on 27 Mar 2017, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2017, 3:05 pm

I love Ikea. So does my daughter. She laughs and loves all the stimulation. I like how the store is set up. It's like an alien world that brings me comfort.

Kilroy wrote:
yes, its swedens 2nd best thing :)

Is the first thing Snus? I used to be very into Swedish Snus and ordered it online.

Or were you referring to yourself? I'm confused :P

My neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200

I am very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2017, 4:30 pm

smudge wrote:
AlanMooresBeard wrote:

This one is of my favourites:

I've not seen that one before. I'll have to look out for it the next time that I'm in IKEA.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 5:49 pm

I went to Ikea once and it was so long ago I don't remember much except the dazzling brightness.

There's an Ikea opening somewhat near me soon so I guess I'll probably be taking a trip down.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Mar 2017, 12:18 pm

It's quite nice, but can be a bit on the dear side at times...

For a lot of things I'd probably be inclined to make it myself I mean, cupboards, shelves, bed frames, that stuff isn't too tricky. I guess I'm inclined that way though now, as I am a product design student :P

---> P.S. If anyone is deciding that making furniture themselves is the best option, I'm happy to offer some help, It can be quite a good bit of fun at times, although I can't spend all my time helping out as I've still got some studies to handle, and I'm already part-way through designing my own new PC case :D

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 7:38 pm

Putting together a new Ikea shopping list for another Ikea run. For one thing, I need a floor lamp. They have one that has a tray that will charge my cell phone. I have many other things on the list, but that's the latest addition.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 10:15 am

I'm excited about getting furniture from there. I want a bookcase or two, a nightstand, possibly another dresser if I have room for one after I get the one I just bought and this thing:
http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/spr/29128687/

I need a new desk too.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 9:56 am

Are you planning on buying the Billy book cases? Those are very popular.