Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2009, 5:27 pm

I couldn't, really.
I'm terrible with comebacks. I'm witty on paper, but not spontaneously. And I was rigid with rules and afraid of getting in trouble, so I never physically defended myself.
But in middle school, I did snap a few times. I spat at someone who taunted me on my walk home. And knocked the books off the desk of another jerk at school. His papers went flying.
They told everyone I was crazy, but I didn't hurt anyone. So I didn't get in much trouble.

Nothing really stopped it though. Eventually, I had to leave the public school system.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 5:44 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
when I was in third grade I was teased so unmercifully by Denise Soderburg I ran after her and only caught her twin sister, Debbie. I tackled her and we both went tumbling to the ground where I too out a good sized chunk of her calf by biting down as hard as I could. There was blood everywhere! I got roundly beaten (by my parents, while her parents looked on in satisfaction) and I had to wear a sign around the neighborhood and too school stating "I BITE" for a year. I have to say, people learned to just leave me alone and after that I never even thought about being part of the school or neighborhood kids. When the cardboard sign got all bent and soiled from daily usage, my mom helped me to sprinkle glue and glitter over it to make it 'nicer for those who had to read it.'

I don't recommend this method.

Merle

Jeesh. Yeah, if you let it all build up, you can go to far. Your parents didn't deal with the situation too well either.

My friends verbally bullied me at school. And one big guy would always grab my tie and strangle me from behind, but for fun :? One time he tore my coat and I called him a f*****g prick, but he picked me up and dropped me on my head. I so wish i'd just beat the f**k out of him now. And all the others. I tried to stay clear of all them, and joined the drug crowd. My confidence just dropped so low from age like 11-22, but its started to rise. I can't help wanting revenge. I remember being drunk one time up town. And one of the old friends said something sacastic probably to me. And I said something along the lines of "try and make fun of me now, come outside, and i'll break your f*****g jaw". I think he kind of crapped himself. Thats abou the only retributin i've had :evil:

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2009, 5:50 pm

I didn't take any notice. I was just off in my own world. Except once some one hit me over the head with a really hard book and I got the book and ripped it to pieces.

NextFact
Toucan
Toucan

17 Feb 2009, 4:09 am

i dont know how a female would deal with bullying... , but i used to just fight people that would disrespect me constantly, it got to the point where i got expelled frum highschool.

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 11:46 pm

I formulated a plan to acquire firearms and planned on murdering the bullies, but then I actually got to hang out with friends and stuff and got homeschooled and everything was fine. All bullies get paid back eventually though.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 4:14 pm

Be scary. I'm 5'10" and decently manly looking. And I can seem mad when I need to.

NUFC_Fan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2009, 5:40 pm

I haven't had to deal with any major bullying since first school, and I was too young to know what to do back then, so I just basically pretended it never happened and didn't tell anyone or do anything.

Nowadays I don't get anything like that, but I do have a lot of acquaintances who gang up on me and give me what could be seen as minor bullying under the guise of friendly banter. Or maybe I'm just being too sensitive :?

Squirsh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2009, 1:49 pm

I think this year is the first year where nobody's bullied me... In Junior School my social skills were much worse, and I would usually scream and swear at anybody who tried to come near me because I couldn't tell who intended to hurt me and who didn't. In the cases where the ones who did want to hurt me got close enough to do so, I sat with my hands over my ears crying and swearing at them. When I got to Secondary School I became much quieter and withdrawn, but I still occasionally ended up screaming and swearing at people. Usually I'd just end up crying in the bathrooms though. When I finally found some good friends (which took about a year), I started watching how they dealt with their problems. Sarcasm seemed to work quite well with the people who were being horrible to me, but I usually end up muddling up my words. The bullying isn't such a problem recently because I'm not in any of the same classes as the people who were bullying me.

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 7:49 am

I retaliate, when my temper is in check but when is lose it (which hasn't happened for a while now) I have destroyed room i was in. also I have towed a class to get a student who had offended me despite my appearance . I'm not condoning my actions but they worked

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 11:41 am

I usually avoid them but when I can't and someone is bullying me I usually shout at them to f**k off but that just makes it worse, I don't use violence though unless it's an emergancy and I've only hit a bully 3 times since starting highschool.

deadeyexx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 1:27 pm

I tried fighting back, but that only made things worse. It would only lead to more fights where you were either beaten by a group or someone who was a better fighter than you. Then the bullying would then come back tenfold.

The most effective method I used was to not give the bullies any material. If they tried to get a rise out of me, I'd give them as little of a reaction as possible. Picking on me wasn't much fun anymore & they eventually stopped.

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2009, 4:03 pm

I'm a huge guy (6' 2" 300 pounds), so no one really picks on me because they know I can kick their ass. :)

Of course you'll get the clowns who mess with you, they piss me off but I just deal with them. They can't do much anyway.

dalekaspie
Toucan
Toucan

02 May 2009, 1:50 pm

attempted to beat one to death with a racket, but i was only 11, didnt do much damage to him

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2009, 9:45 pm

FieryGatoh wrote:
I figured that perhaps a topic on people's success stories where bullying is concerns might be benefical to anyone who is being bullied. Who knows, you might manage to pick up a few tips.

I have been verbally bullied for most of my school life, based on the fact that I am different from everyone else and make little effort to fit in. Of course, people will always pick on the strange, shy female who stands alone. My most recent occasion of bulling happened in September, when a group of 'populars' decided to have a go at me. My response: Lash out and deal as much damage as I could. Not the best way to go about things, but it did work ^_^;;

So what are your stories? How did you manage to stop people from bullying you?

I was put through hell in the YMCA during elementary school. I was teased, beat up, yada yada every day. I was also blamed for things I didn't do, but always got in trouble for the. One day this dude was making jokes and something in me just snapped and, well to put it simply I kicked his ass. That didn't really stopped the bullying, but it began a life of anger for one poor little kid. I actually started working out, and any time someone even so much as annoyed me, I'd beat the s**t out of them. I was kicked out of the YMCA twice. The first time was for beating up a kid who made fun of my friend's dead dad. The second time was for beating up a kid who was picking on a friend of mine who'd had a stroke as a baby and had a gimp arm. I'm not trying to sound like a hero, or a vigilante, but when they tried to bully me after a while I just fought back. All the people who had bullied me, I went after. I pushed a kid off bleachers, I stabbed a kid with a pencil and shoved his head against a wall in a bathroom, I hung a dude by his neck against a wall(4th grade) until 3 teachers pulled me off, I broke a kids arm over my knee, in short I turned school into a fight club, but I stopped getting bullied.

If you are being bullied though, don't do what I did. Tell adults: teachers, parents/guardians, whatever authority figures are around. DO NOT fight. Be the bigger person and walk away and get the people in charge to handle it.

Also, since starting high school I haven't been bullied or been in a single true fight(me and my friends spar a lot). I've tuned my anger down so minimal it no longer exists. Also being 6' 220 lbs(before my surgery, now 170) helps a lot. ;)

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 9:51 pm

best way is to get the teacher to have an honest talk with these students. maybe your teacher can select a kid in class who will defend you?

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 12:16 pm

Learning2Survive wrote:
best way is to get the teacher to have an honest talk with these students. maybe your teacher can select a kid in class who will defend you?

I've tried the goodie way but it resulted in more trouble.