Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Antonius
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Oct 2009, 12:39 pm

Well.. I.. :?

I fight back. Hard. Not a big, strong guy. Still.. I fight back. Mostly, they learn fast. Others.. don't. That's when things turn.. ugly.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2009, 4:00 pm

I don't have to really, I simply ignore them until they leave. They see me not bothering to even look at them and get bored, then they move to the people who get angry.

That and I tend to be taller and somehow physically stronger than the bullies... they leave the tall people alone is what I've noticed.

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2009, 4:09 pm

FieryGatoh wrote:
I figured that perhaps a topic on people's success stories where bullying is concerns might be benefical to anyone who is being bullied. Who knows, you might manage to pick up a few tips.

I have been verbally bullied for most of my school life, based on the fact that I am different from everyone else and make little effort to fit in. Of course, people will always pick on the strange, shy female who stands alone. My most recent occasion of bulling happened in September, when a group of 'populars' decided to have a go at me. My response: Lash out and deal as much damage as I could. Not the best way to go about things, but it did work ^_^;;

So what are your stories? How did you manage to stop people from bullying you?

i was in the same position as you, the different, shy girl who sat in the corner (in my case, with my nose in a book). i was picked on from kindergarten to the end of my senior year of high school (just graduated this past june). i tried to ignore all through school, but nothing got better, at least until my junior & senior years, 'cause i had gotten a couple of friends who are reeeeeaaaaallllly big guys, one of whom is now my boyfriend of almost a year. :)

'kay back to story. all through school not a single teacher/adult/person of authority noticed a thing, and the few times i actually went to my teachers, they ignored what i said and nothing changed, even in junior high.

my suggestion is find a group of people who have some of the same interests as you. as hard as it may be, try to reach out and let them get to know you, the real you. the bullying gets much easier to take, and eventually disappears, when you have a group, or even just one, good friends who will stand up for you because they truly care.

Good Luck Chica!

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2009, 4:40 pm

I was bullied in year seven, I was even whipped with thorns, no friends at all. I learnt the art of how to make jokes about people and teased these guys (it was ok, it was a friendly thing). I was still bullied by the cool guys but it didn't bother me as much. Then I started picking on another kid (I later found out he also had Aspergers). I kept teasing him because it made me popular with my friends and when I went from year 7 to year 8 I wasn't bullied. I had cool guys in my class but I was more confident with myself so they liked me. Started teasing my mate and his gf and eventually stopped teasing the Aspie kid. Funny thing is he told on me once I stopped, is that weird or what? So I teased them until the guy in the relationship convinced me to stop so I did. Since then the Aspie became a good friend of mine along with the guy from the relationship and a dyslexic kid. We all hang out together and I still make jabs at him about his girlfriend pulling his leash but it's more for fun and it's completely reasonable. We also hang out with a year seven, he's the little guy of the group so yeah. I stopped being bullied by being the bully then stopped and I'm a lot happier since. My reccomendation though is to beat them at their own game. If it's verbal get some good comebacks, physical get some tough mates, cyber just block them.