Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2009, 11:34 pm

billsmithglendale wrote:
I have a whole theory on this in general, as I am pale, blond, and always seem to heavily attract minority women. Everyone I dated before my wife (who is multiracial hispanic, european, and black) was Asian, always with some Chinese ancestry. Full Chinese, Chinese-Japanese, Chinese-Vietnamese, if they're Chinese (born here or there), they like me. I also attract hispanic, black, and persian/armenian. Not so much my own race or shade, but sometimes it happens, usually with other pale blondes.

So my theory is that you seek out something that would move your theoretical offspring towards the "middle ground." If you're pale (like redheads are), you go for darker, if you're dark, you go for light. I think it's unconscious/subconscious, and that you are seeking genetic diversity (and thus healthier offspring) and maybe a good all-around sun protection for our hemisphere. I also think that depending on how masculine you are or not (some women are definitely masculine while still being heterosexual), you also seek out someone who balances that out. Thus, you might see a guy with feminine features with a woman with a masculine face (big jaw), and vice versa.

The interracial component probably also factors in this, though it is weighted out by social pressures, personal taste, and availability (you're probably not going to meet a lot of Asian women in Ohio, while in Los Angeles you will have ample opportunity).

That's my 2 cents and my theory on that, after a lot of thinking.

I went to the Dominican Republic this past summer and my friend was blond and you wouldn't believe how the lady's loved him....