Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 12:41 pm

I have noticed that red headed women always go for dark haired men with jet black hair and with dark features such as brown eyes etc...

Has anyone noticed this?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 12:45 pm

Never noticed this.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 12:47 pm

I am under the impression as well that red headed women perhaps like a slight medditeranian look in a guy. For instance look at JK Rowling and her husband or the US actress Chole Chevingy and her past boyfriend have been very dark. I don't know its just my theory I guess.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 12:55 pm

I woulden't mind some more opinions on this topic by users of wrong planet :?

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 1:03 pm

I have a whole theory on this in general, as I am pale, blond, and always seem to heavily attract minority women. Everyone I dated before my wife (who is multiracial hispanic, european, and black) was Asian, always with some Chinese ancestry. Full Chinese, Chinese-Japanese, Chinese-Vietnamese, if they're Chinese (born here or there), they like me. I also attract hispanic, black, and persian/armenian. Not so much my own race or shade, but sometimes it happens, usually with other pale blondes.

So my theory is that you seek out something that would move your theoretical offspring towards the "middle ground." If you're pale (like redheads are), you go for darker, if you're dark, you go for light. I think it's unconscious/subconscious, and that you are seeking genetic diversity (and thus healthier offspring) and maybe a good all-around sun protection for our hemisphere. I also think that depending on how masculine you are or not (some women are definitely masculine while still being heterosexual), you also seek out someone who balances that out. Thus, you might see a guy with feminine features with a woman with a masculine face (big jaw), and vice versa.

The interracial component probably also factors in this, though it is weighted out by social pressures, personal taste, and availability (you're probably not going to meet a lot of Asian women in Ohio, while in Los Angeles you will have ample opportunity).

That's my 2 cents and my theory on that, after a lot of thinking.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 1:10 pm

Redheads (the real ones) are rare, and are becoming even more rare. There are more dark-haired people than redheads. Thus, while there seems to be a correlation between natural redheads and their alleged preference for dark-haired people, there is no evidence for assuming that natural redheads prefer dark-haired people. It may be only that, statistically speaking, natural redheads have a greater chance for hooking up with dark-haired people than with other redheads.

This, of course, ignores the fact that a lot of women dye their hair some shade of red at least once in their lives.

There is no evidence for a causal connection between a woman's hair color and her preference in hair color for men.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 1:16 pm

F nord very good observation. And again just look at JK Rowling she is pale and ginger yet she goes for a dark more medderanian type of look which is reflected through her husband.

emptyenvelope
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2009, 1:52 pm

I have dark hair and pale skin and am drawn to red headed men. While my husband is not a red head, he has lots of red heads in his family. Genetically, it would be possible for us to have a redheaded child (both of ours have darkish hair).

I am also drawn to men of Asian descent. But I also have Genghis Khan in my genealogy. Lots of different things could be going on, lol.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 4:28 pm

Again with the hair colour threads?

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2009, 5:28 pm

Never noticed this.

Neither have I

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 5:29 pm

JohnHopkins wrote:
Again with the hair colour threads?

Meh ... it's his "thing" ... at least he's not trolling.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

andyfalls
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jan 2009, 7:12 pm

My sister is a redhead just like me and her husband is very fair-skinned with light brown hair.

TXaspie
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jan 2009, 7:43 pm

My first girlfriend was a redhead, they are wonderful....

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 8:42 pm

There's a trend in the gothic subculture for some women to have dyed crimson hair, and most goth guys still have black hair. XD

ForsakenEagle
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2009, 9:17 pm

I do not see the correlation between being a red head and the desire to have a relationship with a dark-haired person.

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:34 pm

Veresae wrote:
There's a trend in the gothic subculture for some women to have dyed crimson hair, and most goth guys still have black hair. XD
Crimson red has got to be the coolest hair color toever exist =D
One day I want to color
My hair like that. /care if it's a female thing, it's cool =D