Finding an Aspie girlfriend?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 3:03 pm

I agree with Hector in that I don't believe it is good to look for relationships. I've done it when I am interested in finding one - every guy I meet I think to myself 'hmm what about that guy' and I hate it because it puts a film over everything and makes it harder to see people for who they are and just get to know them without pressure.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 3:11 pm

I'm at the very least sympathetic to someone who considers the possibility of having a relationship with every other girl he meets, and I'm not sure if I agree with the "you won't find a girlfriend if you look for one" dictum (since that appears to contradict "put yourself out there"), but I find at least with me there's a danger of that becoming obsessive so it should be kept at bay.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 3:41 pm

Hector wrote:
I'm at the very least sympathetic to someone who considers the possibility of having a relationship with every other girl he meets, and I'm not sure if I agree with the "you won't find a girlfriend if you look for one" dictum (since that appears to contradict "put yourself out there"), but I find at least with me there's a danger of that becoming obsessive so it should be kept at bay.

Agreed, in fact always being prepared to go in for the kill is the best strategy, people on here often need to be less picky. But one does need to want to make their partner happy too, otherwise they are not going to get far.

ShyGorilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2009, 10:50 pm

I'm not even sure what I'm looking for in a relationship anymore. Maybe at the very least understanding and companionship. Someone to share a laugh or many moments with. Just a thought. :?

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2017, 1:06 pm

this is what i'm trying to do,wherever they can be found in the city :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: