Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

RadioHead
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Oct 2004, 10:30 am

What do you think of reality TV? Personally, I feel that except for Survivor and The Amazing Race, reality TV as a whole sucks. Amazing Race was the best for me, it was based purely on merit and Survivor at least took you to interesting places, and the social skills only went to forging strategic alliances.

Nowadays a lot of reality TV shows focus a lot on social navigation and ruthlessness. Like the Bachelor. I have a hard time understanding what the hell is going on like that, and as such can't relate to the people there. People seem to backstab others for the most superficial reasons. (I don't like his face etc.)

Anyway I always felt that these shows were all jumping on the reality TV bandwagon. It gets really sickening seeing one pointless reality show after another.

I wish we can go back to sitcoms and drama. Ok these things may not be very thought-provoking, but at least there is some kind of plot holding everything together, however thin. Oh well, I suppose that's what my PS2 and DVD player is for.

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2004, 11:55 am

Reality TV sucks. My mom watches Survivor crap. Only tv I really watch is sports. I watch MSNBC at times too. I'll watch ch5 in the morning cause of that hot babe kathleen England.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2004, 7:34 pm

Reality television, like game shows were in the early 80's is nothing more than a passing fad, and will eventually fade out.

The networks like them so much because they are easy and cheap to produce compared to other shows, and they contain all the psycological elements necessary to draw viewers in.

And I think for the most part that are crap too.

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2004, 12:30 pm

I like Airline a lot - probably becasue I've traveled very extensively, so I really identify with the situations - but other than that I couldn't care any less about reality TV if I tried - I tape things like 'The Simpsons' and 'Malcolm in the Middle' to watch if I happen to work out during primetime . . .

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2004, 4:43 pm

I thinks that reality shows are a waste of airtime and do not watch them. I can found other means of wasting time :-)