Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2009, 12:35 pm

Anemone wrote:
I am all in favour of milder drugs like alcohol, sugar, caffeine, chocolate . . . .

so you prefer drugs that can kill you? alcohol causes all sorts of accidents and poisons the body, too much sugar can cause tooth decay and diabetes, caffeine can cause strokes and heart attack and chocolate... well, that's not really a drug even though it does contain a few chemicals.

cannabis hasn't killed anyone and it isn't addictive, i don't see what the problem is :?

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 11:22 am

Too much of anything can kill you. Too much water can lead to nausea, vomiting, unconsciousness and death. At least it doesn't affect the person next to you.

With marijuana there are consent issues, because of the second hand smoke. And people may have problems with asthma, bronchitis, etc., so second hand smoke matters a lot. Sorry, smoking anything will never get my approval.

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 11:25 am

Anemone wrote:
Too much of anything can kill you. Too much water can lead to nausea, vomiting, unconsciousness and death. At least it doesn't affect the person next to you.

With marijuana there are consent issues, because of the second hand smoke. And people may have problems with asthma, bronchitis, etc., so second hand smoke matters a lot. Sorry, smoking anything will never get my approval.

alcohol causes more problems, also cannabis can be eaten instead of smoked.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2009, 2:16 pm

Seeds of the weed topic

Grow ops are often the business of organized crime. Children should not be exposed to such an environment. These botanical enterprises are not innocent little home based businesses, and illegal wiring, often poorly set up can be a fire hazard and such electricity is often tapped in without permission. Nasty things like mold and rot can render the house unsafe. There was a grow op in my city and the house was boarded up and finally torn down because of the structural damage caused by the plumbing and electrical abuse. Insurance will not cover such damage, because the owner/landlord should have known what was going on inside the house.

Nothing innocent here. The kid did all right. :)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo