Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2009, 12:17 pm

This is funny. That kid is going to grow up to be either a cop or a snitch.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/574582

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2009, 12:20 pm

that kid will so regret this in high school...

21 Jan 2009, 2:25 pm

Why would he regret it? He was just a baby and didn't know what he was doing. I don't regret things I did as a baby such as biting my mother on the neck.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2009, 2:45 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
things I did as a baby such as biting my mother on the neck.

Do you avoid sunlight and have no reflection in a mirror? :wink:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2009, 3:10 pm

The kid will have problems growing up without a father, but it's the dad's fault for doing the things that got him arrested.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2009, 3:15 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Why would he regret it? He was just a baby and didn't know what he was doing. I don't regret things I did as a baby such as biting my mother on the neck.

dude, but all that weed!

:wink:

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2009, 3:41 pm

What is it with kids today? Who needs big brother when you've got "little kid" :lol: I just read this article:

Quote:
Woman arrested after child gives away hiding spot

FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) -- A Fort Pierce woman ended up in jail because of a little girl with a big mouth. Police went to the home of 22-year-old woman on Friday to serve warrants for assault, harassing phone calls and violation probation carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.

Officers said two men and a woman at the house told officers that the woman had left, but then a 4-year old child approached one of the officers and revealed that the woman was under a bed.

Officers found the woman exactly where the child said she would be.

She was arrested and being held without bail.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2009, 3:56 pm

A bumper sticker I saw the other day seems somehow appropriate:

"Love Your Kids (They choose your nursing home)!"

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2009, 7:11 pm

I find it more tragic than funny.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2009, 7:22 pm

anna-banana wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

dude, but all that weed! :wink:

I know! It makes my eyes red just thinking about it! :wink:

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2009, 7:56 pm

In Canada the police can just walk into your home? Wow, and I thought the usa was bad. Someone calling 911 and hanging up isn't enough probable cause for the police to enter.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2009, 9:09 pm

Dokken wrote:
In Canada the police can just walk into your home? Wow, and I thought the usa was bad. Someone calling 911 and hanging up isn't enough probable cause for the police to enter.

If they hear a child's voice and maybe a yelling dad, yeah, I think they might just investigate.

There may also have been some outside signs of a grow op there that was enough to investigate.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2009, 11:56 am

Oh no not marijuana! Anything but marijuana! I really hope the father just gets a slap on the wrist. There is no reason for the father's life to be ruined just because he was growing a few plants. Marijuana is just a freakin plant. There are deadly poisonous plants that are totally legal, yet they throw handcuffs on you for growing weed?

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2009, 11:59 am

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
Oh no not marijuana! Anything but marijuana! I really hope the father just gets a slap on the wrist. There is no reason for the father's life to be ruined just because he was growing a few plants. Marijuana is just a freakin plant. There are deadly poisonous plants that are totally legal, yet they throw handcuffs on you for growing weed?

Quote:
With that mystery solved, officers began inspecting the residence and soon discovered a 500-plant marijuana grow operation.

:lol: :lol:

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2009, 12:06 pm

aren't kids great? i remember times when my sister's got me in trouble without realising it, even though they don't mean it it's still enough of a reason to be a bit pissed :lol:

i'd think the father would be smart enough to keep the officers from entering his house, there's plenty of ways he could have got away with it.

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2009, 12:27 pm

I think the police are required to investigate if they get a call to 911 that hangs up. It could have been a person being murdered after all. (I think there was a case where the police did not investigate far enough recently in the Vancouver area and a woman died.) I think if the dad had answered the door when they knocked, he could have saved himself a lot of trouble, but there was no answer at the door, so the police had to go in and have a look.

I'm not sure why they were allowed to look around after they found out what the phone call was about. Maybe it was procedure (in case someone was being murdered.) In any case, I'm glad he got caught. I do not think marijuana is harmless, and anyway, why promote second hand smoke just as tobacco is being phased out? That makes no sense.

I am all in favour of milder drugs like alcohol, sugar, caffeine, chocolate . . . :drunken: :hic: We do need to have some fun now and again. But when people insist on doing illegal drugs, I have to wonder what's going on, when there's plenty of legal stuff to indulge in.