Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 1:03 pm

Most of the time, the teacher decides where everyone sits, which everyone else hates. But I think it's a relief, cos nobody would sit next to me VOLUNTARILY.

It annoys me if the teacher lets us sit where we want all of a sudden, and people are like, "Gina, will you move, I wanna sit with my friend!" I hate moving seats once I sit down, I'm happy where I am by then.

The pick-your-own-group thing is BS, it's supposed to be a good thing but it just means nobody wants me and I end up alone or in a group that was forced to have me.

Can anyone relate?

y es como un semestre"

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 1:16 pm

Personally, I like it when nobody sits next to me, and if somebody wants my seat, I say no. But with choosing groups, I am in the exact same situation as you.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 1:19 pm

I find it annnoying when the teacher suddenly says "sit where you want" I'm like no get lost I'm happy where I am so I just stay and hope to god that complete arse holes don't come and sit near to me. Because they always do and the ones I like are in the other end of the room and I want to sit with them but I'm to bloody SHY to do so.

Seating plans prevent aload of pointless fuss

robo37
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 1:24 pm

I hate it when arse holes sit next to you just to piss you off throughout the lesson.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 1:29 pm

robo37 wrote:
I hate it when arse holes sit next to you just to piss you off throughout the lesson.

I know yeah all the bitchy ones sit next to me to start these "conversations" with me asking aload of personal stuff while having a right laugh as I go all stupid on them

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 2:36 pm

I hate it when the teacher says you have to sit in a group. It's way awkward sitting with people I don't ever speak to.

Detren
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jan 2009, 3:55 pm

I like the seat closest to the front and furthest from the door.

If it's a temporary thing for the day, I wouldn't have much problems with it if there really wasn't anywhere else that 2 people could sit. I would probably say, Oh, yeah, sure. and gather my crud.

If I have to pick a group I just pick the closest one if I don't normally talk to anyone (the closest one that isn't full of snobs) give them a sarcastic grin and plop down and arrange my things and put my attention back to the teacher or the front of the room.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 6:43 am

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Can anyone relate?

Yeah, I rememer back in year 11 I had four science lesson every tuesday an then another two on wednesday :(
In my science class I had soma aquatence like friends but that was it, and I hated when the seating plan wasn't used.

All other lessons I was fine with.

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2009, 10:19 am

I too like choosing a seat where no one sits. Unfortunately, I usually get moved to sit next to the TA and some pupils she helps. To be quite frank, I can't stand one of them, who I usually end up sitting next to, she's constantly making a fuss and comprehend why a teacher would put the whole class before her. Usually the TA asks if I'd mind, and despite me being STRONGLY against the idea, I usually just go with it since I don't think it'd matter if I did.
In terms of group work, I'd also prefer the teacher to put us in them, since usually I end up sitting with people who USE to be my friends(the reason why they're not now if down to them constantly excluding me from groups like that >.>).
Sometimes though, I'd prefer to choose groups, because I remember times that I was forced to go in groups with people I couldn't stand, and I just came across as someone who couldn't be bothered to do any work, when in actual fact they just wouldn't let me do any work or would turn my ideas into some pathetic load of b.s and patronize me for it.
EMZ.

jessimus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Feb 2009, 8:13 am

im not diagnosed with AS put i normally have the problem of telling people who sit near me to f#%& off if i dont like em.. people tell me im very honest. why is that so bad? lol

Jacob12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Feb 2009, 1:41 pm

I agree, although, when the teacher chooses seats, some of the kids that sit near me are like "oh, no" sometimes they ask the teacher to be moved away from me, even though I dont bother them, they just don't like me.

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2009, 3:54 pm

MONKEY wrote:
robo37 wrote:

I know yeah all the bitchy ones sit next to me to start these "conversations" with me asking aload of personal stuff while having a right laugh as I go all stupid on them

I get that too. It's annoying.
Then there's time when they just quiz me for no reason;
'Why do you like your nails so long?'
'I don't like them long, I just can't stand them short.'
'Why do you not want to be cool?'
'Define cool.'
'What does 'define' mean?'
*some non-idiot on the table explains.*
'Like popular and stuff.'
'Why would I need to be well known? I already have more than a sufficient enough of people who know me, I don't need anymore, nor do I want anymore.'
'Why do you use long words?'
'I don't...?'
'Sufect, or whatever is a long word!'
'It's sufficient, and it's a mere 10 characters. If you mean not widely recognized words I just read a lot and find using quote on quote long words more efficient and descriptive.'
etc. Admittedly that conversation wasn't inappropriate, but I don't really know the guidelines here. I just thought it'd be a good example of me talking to someone who's not even suppose to be sitting next to me(teacher's bias, he doesn't mind her sitting where ever she wants) when I made it clear, by me not giving her any eye contact at all and doing my primary focus obviously being my work, that I didn't want to talk to her.
EMZ=]

Jacob12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Feb 2009, 4:46 pm

Maybe you should quiz them, see how they like it! :twisted:

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2009, 5:45 pm

About what? I'm out-numbered. If I say something in response to, 'What does <simple word> mean?', like, 'Why do you not know what <simple word> means?' or something(that's the best I've got...), then I'll just get flamed at.
People have a terrible tendency to accuse me for being 'mean' to them because they're in a lower class than me, when they were the ones initially being, 'mean' to me.
Me quizzing them wouldn't work.
EMZ=]

Jacob12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Feb 2009, 6:10 pm

They're just mean, they'll use anything against you. The real question is why do they do it in the first place.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2009, 10:25 pm

I like it when the teacher decides where everyone sits. When the teacher lets people sit where they want, i'm always the last picked, and its always with someone that i dont like, or who doesnt like me.