Why am I only attracted to gay guys! I'm a straight female!

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

holden
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2009, 10:53 am

Deleted Post.

Last edited by holden on 15 Feb 2009, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 11:36 am

lol! I understand, OP. I'm attracted to what my mom liked to call 'skinny girly boys' too lol :lol:

RoisinDubh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2009, 12:34 pm

So far as men go, I am ONLY really attracted to skinny, effeminate, pretty little-boy looking boys....who are more often than not, GAY. Only complicates things more that I'm the world's biggest fag-hag and have found myself crushing massively on loads of good friends who have about as much interest in females as I do in dog's butts (that is to say, none at all!)

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 7:01 pm

This is why gender-queer guys are so awesome...albiet hard-to-find...I guess...and then he was so painfully shy that for the first year or so of our friendship I thought he was gay....Till he finally sorta hinted that he wasn't and chided me for stereotyping him just because he likes to be dressed in girls clothes sometimes and acts kind of effeminate.... :wink:

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 10:47 pm

Because you feel more comfortable around gay males owing to their femininity, and the fact that they seem disinterested in you is a tease?

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 12:17 am

Neuro-typical wrote:
Or am I?

The few times I've become emotionally attached to non-family males, I've found out later that they're gay.

It's hugely embarrassing. Sometimes quite sad. And funny too, I'll admit.

I just don't seem to pick up on the sexual orientation "signals," get comfortable around them, start fantasizing, and then...well...

The most hurtful case was when the guy was supposed to already have a girlfriend, but she turned out to be a beard.

Because you're a faghag :mrgreen:

:lol:

Preston
Raven
Raven

11 Feb 2009, 2:21 am

Oooooh I has a couple on-topic videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzDWQ7p9bmQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzQcgG_xACk

They're both fairly short. That is a guy in the second one, and he's lip-syncing. Enjoy!

Neuro-typical
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2009, 12:49 pm

holden wrote:

Quite frankly, it is really hard from a single post to gather what is going on. Age, sexual experience, the physical description of the men, level of Asperger's, and a whole host of other things play a part. I don't know how much insight we could give you. I imagine you may be best suited to answer your own question in the end. But if you want to add more details, I'm sure many of us would be happy to help out more, or do what many of us do best, see a pattern that might give you additional insight.

Best of luck.

Well yes, obviously, it's something that I'll really just have to figure out by myself, but advice is always good.

I'm 25, a virgin by every possible description. I'm not sure if I have Asperger's, I was tested a long time ago, results were inconclusive. I also have a history of not insignificant emotional abuse which might be causing me to exhibit Asperger-like symptoms. I don't know. I used to become very anxious in social situations (even having to answer the phone, or take something up to a cashier in a convenience store would break me out in a sweat, and obligatory speeches at school would cause anxiety for days up to the event.) I'm much better at dealing with sort of formalized situations now, although I'm still much more likely to search for something in a store myself then ask for help.

In informal social situations though, I'm still pretty awful. I'm working on eye contact, but I'm always having to remind myself to look at people. And then, when I look at someone, I wonder if I'm staring to hard, or whatever. I also tend to babble inconsequentially in a group of friendly people, as I have a hard time telling if the silences are comfortable, or what. Anyways.

I'm not a girly girl. I think that's my problem with men. Since I don't wear revealing clothing, get drunk and giggle, talk about clothes, or whatever it is girls are "supposed" to be doing, guys see me as a nice person to talk to (most of my acquaintances are male and well, I think they're mostly straight, but my record there isn't great!) but don't see me as someone to flirt with. At least, I don't think they're flirting. Which is fine, most of the time. For now. I've got a lot to do before thinking about getting hitched.

What really confuses me about guys, and gay guys in particular, is why they would lie about being gay. In this day and age and place (liberal o Canada), to their supposed friends, in informal settings. The one guy who I thought I was really in love with, swore he wasn't gay. A couple of people told me he was, but I believed him, over them, because I thought, you know, we were friends, and we trusted each other. Also, he had a girlfriend. I'd known him for ten years. I'd always thought we understood each other pretty well, and that we were comfortable together, etc. Obviously, I was wrong. He obviously didn't feel obliged to let me know. I don't expect people just walking down the street to be carrying signs saying, hey I'm gay, I'm straight, I'm bisexual. But why outright lying with friends?

Physical descriptions? The only two constants I can come up with for the guys I've been attracted to? Average height to tall, fairly fit.

Also, they tend to be fairly outgoing. I'm shy, so whoever is going to get to know me, often has to make the first move. There have been exceptions, but in general. Outgoing, friendly. You know, nice. :roll:

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 1:51 pm

You only love female-like guys?

Maybe because you are lesbian in denial?

So try females ....

Try real women....

try me..... ;)

**facepalm** never mind , I often face a gender self-identity crisis each time I visit this forum.

Neuro-typical
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2009, 2:02 pm

:? Nope, haven t felt a single solitary tingle towards any female :wink:

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 3:36 pm

Neuro-typical wrote:
Or am I?

The few times I've become emotionally attached to non-family males, I've found out later that they're gay.

I just don't seem to pick up on the sexual orientation "signals," get comfortable around them, start fantasizing, and then...well...

The most hurtful case was when the guy was supposed to already have a girlfriend, but she turned out to be a beard.

Are you sure they were gay before you dated them? :twisted: :wink:

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 5:05 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
lol! I understand, OP. I'm attracted to what my mom liked to call 'skinny girly boys' too lol :lol:

what's a skinny girly boy?

Neuro-typical
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2009, 6:09 pm

benjimanbreeg wrote:
Neuro-typical wrote:
Or am I?

Are you sure they were gay before you dated them? :twisted: :wink:

Hey! :shrug:

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 6:10 pm

Aww, I was just joking. You couldn't turn me gay :wink:

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 6:22 pm

Dokken wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:

what's a skinny girly boy?

A guy who's skinny and acts effeminate

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 6:27 pm

I am skinny , yet with a hairy chest.....would you date me :=?