If you suddenly got £100,000,000,000 what would you do?

Page 8 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2014, 8:09 pm

I'd buy each adult in my family a state of the art vehicle of their choice. I'd even go to driving school and buy myself the most state of the art pea green vehicle that's on the market.

I'd also have houses custom made for my two closest friends, Dean and Barb. Dean's house would be a replica of his favourite vegetable, a beet. Barb's would be a replica of a giant blueberry, her favourite fruit. Both two story houses would be entirely powered by solar panels. I'd also give them plenty of $$$ to decorate the interiors of their houses any way they wish. Changing my mind about the peas in the pod house, the entire peas in the pod house would be mine. I'd build a two story house to my parents liking and another two story house to the liking of my sister and her family. I'd give my immediate families $$$ to decorate and light their house to their likings and specifications. I'd do it this way, because not everybody would appreciate a pea green house, never mind one that looks like a pea pod.

I'd also buy Dean the latest state of the art vehicle of his choice.

I'd also invite the rest of my friends and relatives to live on my property as well, having houses built to their specifications and likings. I'd give them each lots of $$$ to decorate their houses was they wish, inside and out.

Once all that is done, I'd divide the rest of my winnings between everyone who lives on my property and give each person the same amount of money to do as they wish with.

Back to my Sweet Peas in a Pod house, I'd have a music room that has a psychedelic mural on each wall. I'd also have CDs of all my favourite groups, bands and performers old and new. I'd also have boxed CD sets of all of my favourite artists and not just The Kinks because I'd have all the extra room and money for that all to be possible. That room would have all the state of the art stereo equipment including a turntable. There would also be a vintage Ludwig drum set, two electric guitars, an acoustic guitar and a 60s type organ that predated the synthesizer.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 12:01 pm

I'd give my family money, parents, siblings, pay my niece college tuition. Then open a feral cats shelter. move to the country side with a huge fenced in yard. eat in restaurants every day, buy a car.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 2:08 pm

100 billion pounds (around 157 billion dollars) that's enough to buy entire nations! I would:
Find ways to make sure Uncle Sam gets as little of it as possible.
Build a massive golden dragon statue bigger than Lady Liberty.
Go on lots of vacations.
Give some to the family.
Buy a mansion in green hill country or mountains.
Donate to organizations that I would support.

Last edited by AntDog on 29 Dec 2014, 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 2:12 pm

not a penny of it would go to any already rich person.

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Dec 2014, 4:42 pm

I would
-buy a huge property up north(needs to have a lake)convert it into a farm,half solar half agricultural.i would grow my own food,sell the electrcity i dont use.fish in my lake for food.
-build my own cabin/home
-buy homes/vehicles for family members
-buy stuff i need,bike and skiis and survival gear,and things of that nature all of the highest quality.
-invest some in many things,i thought spca but at that point i would just create my own(they would have their own huge place at my farm),charities/foundations,and cancer research specifically prevention(too much emphasis on cure and not enough on prevention)

Im sure there are others but i cant think of them right now.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 5:03 pm

Buy an aircraft carrier.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 5:10 pm

^^^^
what would you do with the approx. $150 billion [american] you would have left over?

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2014, 5:12 pm

Build an underground bunker.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 10:24 am

How would I get the money? If I got it in such a way nobody noticed, I’d make a point to keep it that way and go on with my life. Otherwise, I’d be pissed off, because then I could be sure anyone who ever showed interest in me would be only after my cash. I’d try to avoid this fate by publicly rejecting the money or spending it on something completely useless and then destroying it, and then I’d get robbed and killed in the process by some stupid robber who couldn’t be bothered to notice I no longer had a fortune.

Oh, and I don’t consider simply burning the money, because that’d be effectly giving it away to everyone else who had British pounds, by increasing the value of the currency the tiniest bit, and there’s just no way I’m doing that :D

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 2:58 pm

Raise my hands in the air and sing, "Oh how I love Jesus."

- Albert Einstein

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 3:25 pm

Build a self sufficient compound and my own version of the Eden project. Buy some gold, found a few charities, look after a few people, that kind of stuff.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 4:13 pm

buy out all the radio stations in America and prevent rush limburger from broadcasting on any of them.