Do aspies have a lack of creativity ( Part -2 )

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

shantonu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2009, 5:30 am

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt91462.html

Ok..from the previous discussions it is quite sure that we aspies have what can be termed as conditional creativity.If something is given in front of us we can elaborate it to the best.

What I actually wanted to know is can you guys really invent anything unique ( which is truly yours creation ) ?

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 5:50 am

I'd post my retail website, but don't think I'm allowed to.

And I think we're some of the most creative people in the entire world. :)

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 6:05 am

I'm very very good at being creative. I don't get all this "aspies can't be creative" crap.

I agree with TheDoctor82, we are some of the most creative people in the world :)

Wasen't their a meant to have been a famous artist who was a Aspie?

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 6:14 am

DeLoreanDude wrote:
I'm very very good at being creative. I don't get all this "aspies can't be creative" crap.

I agree with TheDoctor82, we are some of the most creative people in the world :)

I think it's mostly the NTs who lack creativity. Want proof? Turn on the boob tube!

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 6:20 am

TheDoctor82 wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:

I think it's mostly the NTs who lack creativity. Want proof? Turn on the boob tube!

Exactly!

I actually spend hours and hours every day flapping my hands while in my own world in my head.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 6:24 am

DeLoreanDude wrote:
TheDoctor82 wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:

Exactly!

I actually spend hours and hours every day flapping my hands while in my own world in my head.

Well, with my business, I put my creativity to good use...seems to be working, too!

In fact, I wrote the script for our upcoming commercial! 8)

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 6:25 am

TheDoctor82 wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
TheDoctor82 wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:

Exactly!

Well, with my business, I put my creativity to good use...seems to be working, too!

In fact, I wrote the script for our upcoming commercial! 8)

Cool, what business do you own?

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 6:29 am

tell ya what I'll do....I'm not posting the link to it, but I'll let you google it:

Ka-Razy Kings of Toys

Check it out. The site design is the work of my partner, HOWEVER, I was the one who described how I wanted the background to look. I write the descriptions for the merchandise, and take all the pictures...and usually handle all the PR too.

He gets the order information on his computer, and usually packs all the stuff, too. He also handles those pretty pictures you see on the coming soon page, and transfers the money from Authorize.net to our bank account.

Basically, whatever technical stuff needs to be done on the site, he handles it. The majority of the business aspects, including the PR & tax filing, I handle.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 6:30 am

I am very creative and I'm alwasy thinking of ideas for stories or films.
I have quite a vivid imagination too

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 6:31 am

TheDoctor82 wrote:
tell ya what I'll do....I'm not posting the link to it, but I'll let you google it:

Ka-Razy Kings of Toys

Check it out. The site design is the work of my partner, HOWEVER, I was the one who described how I wanted the background to look. I write the descriptions for the merchandise, and take all the pictures...and usually handle all the PR too.

He gets the order information on his computer, and usually packs all the stuff, too. He also handles those pretty pictures you see on the coming soon page, and transfers the money from Authorize.net to our bank account.

Basically, whatever technical stuff needs to be done on the site, he handles it. The majority of the business aspects, including the PR & tax filing, I handle.

Cool :)

Irvy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2009, 8:35 am

www.theirvy.deviantart.com

I think I know what you mean by conditional creativity. If I'm drawing a person, whether it's a cartoon or a proper painting, I have problems with making the face display emotion. Usually I have to look through google images for a few examples of that expression, and use that as a reference.

I also have problems with drawing anything abstract or exaggerated. I can draw a good likeness of a person, I can even "cartoonise" them, but I can't draw those amazing caricatures with big noses and massive eyes, even if I try, everything ends up in proportion.

TheEvolutionOfLife
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2009, 8:38 am

I'm crap at creativity.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 8:42 am

Rubbish --- as long as we Aspies are allowed to doodle and draw, no matter how sucky it would be, I can still say what we do is unique creative that no one on Earth will ever replicate us.

warface
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Feb 2009, 8:51 am

I can't speak for everyone but part of my problem with imagination and creativity is that I have to put so much mental effort into things normal people take for granted that there's not a lot left over.

liz_the_moose
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Feb 2009, 12:16 pm

I have been an artist all of my life. I just had an art opening last Saturday, which was hard for me, all of those people, chatter, noises etc... But I dealt with it. Because I'm the artist.

Asking is someone with Asperger's could be creative is a strange question. It feels insane. There are millions of people on this planet. Some have autism. Some are artists. Some are gay. Some can't do math. Some have black hair. Some are not very creative. Some like cheese.

I don't get it.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Feb 2009, 12:35 pm

I have AS and I make up songs for keyboard and dulcimers. I also write poetry and short stories (though I am working on a novel now). I think I am pretty creative.

However, I am also creating an HO scale amusement park in my basement. Here, I am using drawings from actual amusement parks (that are now defunct) to provide the inspiration for the midway layout. My Eerie Mansion dark ride will have multiple dioramas in it, but I am borrowing those scenes from Eerie Publications comic books from the '60s and '70s. My roller coasters will all come from actual old blueprints that I have collected.

I am wanting to build a small miniature golf course in our backyard, but I do not feel like I want to create the holes from my imagination---so I bought a miniature golf course plan off of Ebay.

So even though I feel creative in the literary and musical sense, when it comes to models and tangible things, I usually create from actual things that are probably out of the historical past.

Sorry, I am not describing things well today---just one of those days I guess.